Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on one of the threads it says you have to reset the ecu for an intake. where do you get that done? help!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes, then reconnect it. That will reset the ECU. Once done, DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! Teach the ECU how you WANT it to run!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can also push the brake peddle to bleed off any stored charge when the battery is disconnected as well. Re: 'Drive it like you stole it'. Yes this can be a problem for people who may track their car on the weekend. If you drive it soft through the week, it can take some time for the ECU to adapt to the different driving style when you hit the track.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i heard about disconnecting the battery, but i also heard that you can fry your ecu and your enging :( and i dont wanna eff up my car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Many will also suggest you get a tune for it as well. The air flows differently of the maf, with a CAI than over the stock box. Therefor the maf may send readings incorrectly, or they may be misinterpreted by the ecu :-\

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Cant go wrong with getting an AP. Youll be happy in the long run and can get your car tuned to any mod you put on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts