Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, placing my keys in the night drop box at Folger's when I noticed a mean looking, low slung WRX. I figured someone must have tweaked the suspension, so I decided to go in for a closer look. I quickly found a "JIC Suspension Project" decal in the rear quarter window. Peering down at the exhaust, one look told me it wasn't stock. I went around front and found a performance package parts list on the windsheild containing the following goodies:

JIC FTL-TAR coilovers
SPT exhaust
SPT short shifter
Subaru boost gage
SPT Oil Cap
SPT Battery Clamp
Engine cover
Window tint

I wonder if that is the standard performance package? The price was just north of 30 grand. It was pretty tight looking, except for the stock alloys. You'd think with all that other stuff Subaru could throw in a nice set of rims.

Anyway, it was a nice car...

·
Registered
988 Posts
JIC FTL-TAR coilovers

I wouldn't think alot of dealer carry those as a dealer perforamnce upgrades.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Where was the boost gauge mounted?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the right side of the steering column. I thought I'd seen one or two mounted like that on other cars at the dealership before - I'm not so sure it was really anything special.

·
Registered
239 Posts
So I'm guessing that about $5000 more than a stock model? If so you could do much better yourself. I have more suitable mods than that on my car for less.

·
Registered
253 Posts
all that stuff can be done with less than 3k, even if the Coilovers are 2k

·
Registered
345 Posts
no such thing probably just a dealer installed package they want you to buy. We do it here at my subaru store as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
no such thing probably just a dealer installed package they want you to buy. We do it here at my subaru store as well.
I wish I was near a performance minded dealership.

the dealer in Huntsville wasn't great. then they got bought out. now they even had their stellar preformer status revoked by SOA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts