Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody changed their windshield washer cap/ power steering cap/ break fluid cap and so on? I want to get rid of the stock yellow stuff and get something that matches the rest of the stuff under the hood (preferably red). I did plasti-dip but it comes off/gets nasty when you use them.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Has anybody changed their windshield washer cap/ power steering cap/ break fluid cap and so on? I want to get rid of the stock yellow stuff and get something that matches the rest of the stuff under the hood (preferably red). I did plasti-dip but it comes off/gets nasty when you use them.
i have my stuff headed to the powdercoaters right now. iagperformance is putting out a complete line to replace all the yellow under our hoods. hang tight and i'll have the pieces posted in my build thread soon and they will be available to the public within a couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
i have my stuff headed to the powdercoaters right now. iagperformance is putting out a complete line to replace all the yellow under our hoods. hang tight and i'll have the pieces posted in my build thread soon and they will be available to the public within a couple weeks.
Will they be plastic as well or metal? Any idea

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What's next? lightweight alternator/power steering pulley with colors to match the caps? I have a lightweight power steering pulley for sale but it only goes up to 07. The 08+ have a slightly smaller pulley. like 0.1 inches or something

·
Registered
223 Posts
The IAG stuff looks so good! I will wait until they do the dip stick and I will be buying all the pieces and can't wait for all that yellow to be out of there.

·
Registered
512 Posts
$50 a cap.

Man can't wait for these silly costs to go down. 3D printing and prototyping is going to be so cheap soon once AutoCAD gets dethroned - along with the growth of Pirate3D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Totally, it's hard to justify that cost just for engine bay looks. I guess you have to pay to play.
Well the R&D costs to build a model in AutoCad($10,000 piece of software), send it to a fabricator which takes the CAD details and builds it to spec, and then anodizes it.

The largest amount of cost is in the R&D portion, fabrication in mass quantity for such things is dirt cheap.

Upcoming movements in 3D printing - Can be as cheap as $300 in the coming years
Currently AutoCAD has no competition, so they charger a retarded amount for their software. Upcoming software is soon to come out to offer a cheap reasonable alternative to a market that is dominated by AutoCAD.

Reactions: MercRising

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is true, but only for 6 months. And Onsit......AutoCAD does have competition called Solid Works. They are just as expensive though. You have to keep in mind that software like this is geared towards large businesses, not small businesses or personal use.

With a .edu email, all AutoCAD software is free :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Either way, they are nice and currently the only option besides the stock yellow crap. They have a tiered price right now. I got 15% off the total order and it was $12.50 to ship.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts