Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2014 subaru wrx. I was noticing a sound while i drive. Sounds like an exhaust leak and like rod knock. I wanted to just open up the bottom to replace the bearings but thought id go all the way and pull the motor and put in forged internals and a new clutch. Im in the process of ordering forged pisyons and rods, bearingsand balve springs. New gaskets all around as well. My question is this. Im goi g to do that to the motor because why not. Everyone says its expensive and that i should just buy a jdm motor and replaceit. I prefer forged internals incase i decide to add more power... well for when i decide to add more power. Back on track, i was wondering what else if anything you guys recommend me doing while i have the motor out. The pistons are going to be same standard size i believe. The only difference is the compression ratio is 9.0:1. Would that mess with anything? I just wanted to put in forged internals without making the engine bigger. I just want to replace worn out parts for new forged parts same size. Would those pistons work without boring out the engine? Also, what all would i have to have done to the motor itself? What machine work would i need to do to it? Any advice you gho guys and gals can give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Exhaust Leak

Just FYI - there is an active recall for this. Not sure if 2014 is included or not.

Hi i have a 2014 subaru wrx. I was noticing a sound while i drive. Sounds like an exhaust leak and like rod knock. I wanted to just open up the bottom to replace the bearings but thought id go all the way and pull the motor and put in forged internals and a new clutch. Im in the process of ordering forged pisyons and rods, bearingsand balve springs. New gaskets all around as well. My question is this. Im goi g to do that to the motor because why not. Everyone says its expensive and that i should just buy a jdm motor and replaceit. I prefer forged internals incase i decide to add more power... well for when i decide to add more power. Back on track, i was wondering what else if anything you guys recommend me doing while i have the motor out. The pistons are going to be same standard size i believe. The only difference is the compression ratio is 9.0:1. Would that mess with anything? I just wanted to put in forged internals without making the engine bigger. I just want to replace worn out parts for new forged parts same size. Would those pistons work without boring out the engine? Also, what all would i have to have done to the motor itself? What machine work would i need to do to it? Any advice you gho guys and gals can give me would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts