Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to find new rims for my sedan. I have the wr blue. I was looking at the Enkei RPF! on tire rack in gold. but little confused on the whole offset topic. it says it has a offset of 45 for the 18x8 that i'm looking at. I know its supposed to be between 35 and 52 but I dont know if this would be ok for 18's. Are Enkei's a decent brand? says there only 19lbs each, and the local tire shop said they could do these with toyo proxies for $1600. Any help and suggestions would be great ???

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was looking to find new rims for my sedan. I have the wr blue. I was looking at the Enkei RPF! on tire rack in gold. but little confused on the whole offset topic. it says it has a offset of 45 for the 18x8 that i'm looking at. I know its supposed to be between 35 and 52 but I dont know if this would be ok for 18's. Are Enkei's a decent brand? says there only 19lbs each, and the local tire shop said they could do these with toyo proxies for 00. Any help and suggestions would be great ???
Enkei's a welknown brand for rims, but not known to make rims light, though 19lbs is decent (any rims below 20lbs i would say its light enough) And rims offset 45 for 18x8 is decent. should be ok for future big brake upgrades.

·
Registered
253 Posts
These are the same wheels I am looking at for my WRB Hatch. Where did you get a $1600 quote from? So far the best I am looking at are $1900...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
town fair tire in portsmouth, NH. The price has gone up $500 dollars since I got the quote in January though. I just figured I will wait for a better deal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
enkei racing series are typically very light and pretty strong, their showy wheels aren't light though.. anyway, the rpf-1s are great wheels (they're part of the racing series). lot of autoxers use them because they're quite light and pretty strong for a cast wheel. 18 is a good size because the recessed lip will make them look a bit smaller.

i checked on tirerack and they say the 18x8+45 will fit our car. (they also say they weigh even less, 17.8 lbs). they're selling them for $285/wheel there which is $1140 for a set of 4 and you can get better tires than the toyos for $460 ;)

silver:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&showRear=no&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=&initialPartNumber=3798808045BS&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+Wagon&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+Metal+Valve+Stems

gold:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&showRear=no&filterSize=&filterFinish=&filterSpecial=&initialPartNumber=3798808045G&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Impreza+WRX+Wagon&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+Metal+Valve+Stems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts