Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
CNJ Motorsport in Brissie does the IC watersprayer kit for $250 installed. Includes using the wiper bottle and adds an additional pump with a dash switch to enable/disable.

Has anyone here used CNJ before?

·
Registered
179 Posts
ProcessWest TMIC JUST ARRIVED - only 24 Hrs after Giving Kev the order - very impressive.

Its a HUGE Box. Havent opened it yet. it will be this weekends suprise when I put it in.
will post pics/vids/IAT Data logs before and after - in appropriate section

Cant wait
TD05H-18G-8cm Turbo Upgrade on the way next for this 2008 WRX. will be good to get that Pea shooter stock TD04H-13T out of there.

Anyone else follow through on this Group Buy?

Sparky

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looking forward to your feedback Sparky, I am getting mixed messages from different people, and would just like to know what gives bang for buck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man its Heavy! would take a lot of energy to heat up that thing. And assuming you are moving, it should stay at ambient temps pretty solidly. Sitting stopped in traffic, its gonna get hot and stay that way until rolling for a bit again I think. lucky I dont have any traffic near me!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Man these guys ship fast. Ordered 11am bris time yesterday, arrived 9:00 bris time today...22hrs.

I havnt unpacked it yet, but the packaging and instructions look great - can someone post some pics please?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mine arrived today! 8) Packaging is fantastic. It's a real lump! Beautifully made. Makes the stocky look pretty poor. Complete with pictorial instructions. Love to fit it myself but not sure how risky it is to run the beast prior to a new tune and I have a 200k trip to the tuner. Anybody know what the risks are?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am not giving advice here but I ran mine for 3 months without a tune, the intercooler is far safer to run without a tune than an exhaust!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I hear you fatboy. Car is booked in for the 19th. My tuner said it would be OK to fit a day or two prior if my heart desired but to refrain from any really "spirited" driving.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Spoke to a protuner who said it wont matter as my tune wasnt bleeding edge enough to let the cooler intake air affect AFR's much at all. Really all we are doing is reducing the chance of detonation by letting less unwanted hot air in. it doesent affect the tune too much, and if anything the car learns the reduced knock incidence with this TMIC and winds timing advance correction back up in your favour. Subarus are clever like that ;-)
Heres a crappy analogy.
Imagine Running on a gravel road in bare feet. if you hit a sharp rock, you slow down and become more cautious, The more shark rocks you step on, the slower you go until eventually, you are walking looking carefully each step, if you feel its smooth consistent underfoot and havent hit anything sharp, you can run fast, and really stride it out and not worry about the rocks underfoot. Thats what the learning around knock correction and timing advance does in our ECU's. so the TMIC upgrade is just one more thing to help give us a smooth surface to run on.

They look and feel very nice though, let us know how much more your tune squeezes out with this puppy on board! - Have Just put all my install pics up here http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157626433560396

Too hard to attach them to the forum

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guys, I finally grew some balls!

Bought the TMIC from PW, and the hose for good measure (so you know what's coming next!)

Kev said he has only one more TMIC at this price left and the deal runs out Friday 14/4....don't wait too long, otherwise it is all gone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Uh Oh! Fish is in!

Whats next??? Turbo, Dump Pipe, fuelpump, injectors, swaybars.... thats whats next I reckon! its like a waterslide, once you are on, you are on.

Good onya mate ;-)

What/who do you use for tuning?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sparky,

Just celebrating some cash inflows!

I am talking to Chiptorque now. Going in on the Group buy on Exhausts with EQ.

Maybe the three of us should create a GB on a Turbo??

Hint, Hint!!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts