Subaru WRX Forums banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Re: Eric's 2008 Buld Journal: VF48 - E85 - Re-Tuned!

Still have about 60Gallons in my garage but its about 3 months old so I don't think it's good anymore.
Gah, that blows, 60 gallons to waste. It will start to turn into a slurry because it converts to sugar, otherwise, it should be fine. Unsure if it turns stale or the like.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

Don't do it..you'll start from square one! Your car is nice, clean, and makes good power. Don't lie to yourself and think the STI will curb your modding habit. The platform you are on is more than sufficient. I'm not saying the STI is not a better car, but the WRX is a rather competitive alternative you already possess.

A dark bronze would look nice on those wheels :)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #203

Yeah, I really like the GT Orange on your DPT's, but I can't do that if its already been done! I've pretty much narrowed it down to dark bronze, gold (darker than Rota gold), white, or maybe a black chrome / hyper black.

Its ironic, because reading your thread about possibly parting out for an S2000 really got me thinking about doing the same, but getting a GD STi lol. I'd love an S2000, but they are completely impractical where I live. I'd only be able to drive it 8 months out of the year :-(

·
Registered
393 Posts

Trading it in?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

Well according to the diffuser thread... "I will likely have mine up for sale if anyone is interested. I love the product, but it is basically useless without a car to put it on"

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #208

I was wondering how long it would take someone to put 2 and 2 together!

·
Registered
393 Posts

yeah i was gonna say did you sell it next...... so what you driving or gonna be driving??

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #210

That will come out in due time ;)

All I can say is that I am NOT done with Subaru. What is replacing the WRX is absolutely not a Subaru, but what will be built along side it is 100% Subaru greatness. I will keep this thread updated ;D

·
Registered
393 Posts

Damn dude I loved your subie...... And what's built along side of it will be 100% Subaru greatness kinda confused but the ft86 and the biz are the same lol but idk :-\

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #212

No no, no FT18 BRZ, nothing like that. I mean 100% pure Subaru.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

Ok folks, I little bit of an update here:

I've talked to my insurance company, and have decided that, for now, the WRX will be retired to a seasonal car. I will drive it in the winter time, primarily. What better time to drive the Subaru than in the season that it leaves all the other cars behind in it's snow cloud? No more summer/winter mode. No more multiple wheel sets. No more multiple suspension setups. Purely a winter monster (for now).

Enter the summer car. Much cheaper to insure, much more well-suited for spirited summer driving, and much more track worthy. Some people already know, but for now I'm planning on keeping it a bit of a surprise for those who don't ;)

I'm working on ironing out the final details, but expect to see the WRX's sister ship in about a month.

For now, the WRX is still casually for sale, but that ad will likely be coming down in the very near future. ;D

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

i dont understand. how is it cheaper to insure two cars instead of one?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

Its cheaper to insure them 1 at a time. The expensive-to-insure car will be driven only in the winter. For the other 8'ish months of the year it will be parked in my garage, uninsured (well, comp only, in case the garage burns down). During that time, I'll be driving my summer car, which is significantly less to insure. The reason for the 2 cars is that this summer car is literally impossible to drive in the winter. In the winter, the summer car will be in the garage, uninsured.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #216

And really, this is all splitting hairs. Its not a problem to insure them both, year around. This isn't a grand scheme to save a few dollars. Insurance cost was more of an excuse to move on from the WRX and into something else. I get bored after about 2-3 years with any car, and want something else. I guess insurance cost was a justification to try to part with it, even though I really don't want to.

So I found something else that will keep me satisfied, while allowing me to keep the WRX.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts

i dont understand. how is it cheaper to insure two cars instead of one?
multi-car discounts. i added my 240sx to my plan with my subie and saved over $600 a year on my policy. i.e. the price went down / month, not up. now of course, if you're adding a newer model car, the story is going to be very different. but i had also gotten a quote to add a 2001 subaru forester instead of my '89 240sx and the discount was the same so there are deals to be had!

eric, wish you the best of luck man with your secret changes! ;)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

i say get a motorcycle as your summer ride...10 bucks a month to insure, 50+ miles a gallon, fun, fast, etc

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #219

Haha thanks monki!

It's no secret to you, that all still stands! Only change is that instead of getting a 2.5RS to compliment this said car, I'll be keeping my WRX.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #220

That CBR600RR was on the table for a while there, but I think what is coming will be more fun (but not as inexpensive). Plus, the girlfriend (might as well be wife) does not exactly approve of a motorcycle (yet she is okay with my cycling on public roads). Bishes be crazy.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts