Subaru WRX Forums banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
As long as you bring that summer whip to chicago every so often to autox it and come hang with ur friends down here then I approve of this multi-car investment. Now does your wallet? =]

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
^ this is exactly why Im getting a 70's blazer :) Im really happy to hear your sticking with the WRX however.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
eric, your plan has caught my interest and i have begun searching for a 2.5rs. no car payment and rs insurance sound pretty intriguing to me

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Yup I'm sticking with it for now. I mean, if someone were to offer me a good price for it, I'd be tempted to sell, but for now I'm keeping it.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Ok, so I feel about 1000% better now.

For the last few weeks, I've been shopping around for insurance, and couldn't find anything that was even close to what I am paying now. Or should I say, was paying? Somehow, I must have missed or skipped State Farm. I don't know about others. but for me, here in MI, it was quite a savings for the same coverage. I'm saving about $30/month for just the wrx. It's not huge, but this has never really been about money, as much as principle. I just feel a lot better knowing that I'm not flushing as much money down the insurance toilet, just because I drive a Subaru.

The best part? Multi-car discounts! I'm not paying less in total, as some people have noted, but I am paying about the same as what I've been paying for just the WRX and my other DD.

WRX is here to stay for a while, and will soon be accompanied by a....you'll see ;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah I got state farm when I got my car it was the cheapest here in new york

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
It's a sad day in Subaruville today. My WRX drove away with it's new driver at the wheel.

After spending weeks and even months weighing my options, the decision was finally made to part with her. It isn't that I can't afford it, because that has never been a problem. I just feel much more relieved that I have just that much less debt. I'm at a point in my life that I need to start thinking about a house, and less about expensive toys.

I partially parted it out, so I will have a hand full of parts for sale soon. Look for a FS thread in the near future.

Here is a sneak peak at the replacement:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Damn dude what a shame it rex was awesome and is thT an Honda s2000???

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Yeah I plan on sticking around...I'll definitely be getting another Subaru before too long...I'd just like the get the ball rolling on buying a house, paying down some student loans, etc...

As for the car, I have absolutely zero regrets. The only thing I miss about the WRX is the sentimental value, nothing more. I thought I'd miss the power, but I don't. The S2000 more than makes up for it with "fun" factor. I just installed Star Specs last night...thing handles like its on rails.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
how much did you get for the wrx?

·
Registered
393 Posts
so whatd u save off the suby that ur gonna sell?

221 - 240 of 248 Posts