Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

This is a great forum. No haters of the 08 like the "other" forum. I took delivery of a 5 dr 08 WRX premium on 4-28-08 after several months of research. It is great! Even keeping it under 4k rpm due to the break-in period, and it's STILL has pickup. I can't wait till 1000 miles (I'm at 500 now). I'll post some pictures when I can. Thanks for the free info!

I plan to keep it relatively stock, but will definitely go with the short throw shifter, tint the windows, and possibly look at an STI spoiler.

Keep up the good work here.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club...This is a great site. Don't be afraid to ask questions, many of us are willing to help! 500 miles from now you will be even happier. This car pulls HARD, and is alot of fun to drive. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I agree with you there on the 08 but not on the "Everybody should drive a WRX" bit as we still need dickheads to drive Skylines and EVO's ;D ;D

·
Registered
706 Posts
I dont think Everyone should have an Impreza.....We wouldn't stand out if they did.

·
Registered
706 Posts
JUst remember YOU are an Individual.....Just like Everyone else..

·
Registered
577 Posts
welcome to our little piece of cyberspace.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know you want to stay mostly stock, but I'd recommend grabbing some STi springs before the price shoots up:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_99_111&products_id=1363

they improve the ride a lot (pretty much eliminate body roll) and are still comfortable enough for every day driving. these are the springs the car should have come with.
Hey Saturn, I thought your avi looked familiar lol. I just ordered these springs today for my 08, I can't wait to get them.

OP..Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Good luck keeping it stock. It's very tempting to mod this car, and it's only going to get worse! It's a great car out of the box though so I'm sure either way you'll be happy.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
WRX roxor oh I have a N/A oh well she rocks as well but I gotta disagree on the u s VS the world things all cars are great depending on the owner friendly competition is bettre in my book, peace y'all, oh and grats on the buy dude you'll love her a lot I can tell you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the welcomes. Yes, you are right, I'm already tempted to do something about the body roll, so I think you guys are correct about not making it a year, but we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion Saturn.

I also think it is kind of liberating to know that I'm not driving a Camry-like, see-one-every-block kind of car. It's nice being unique, and faster than 97% of the cars on the road. Even without really unleashing the turbo, I'm already ahead of the pack right off the start line (red light). Only 300 miles to go until 1000!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts