Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a blue one while I was out this weekend. I must say I thought it was a normal Lancer until I saw the Front mount. Other than that it doenst really stand out from the normal lancers. I really like that you can easily tell a Impreza from a wrx and a wrx from an sti....
you can tell pretty easy if your looking at a parked one or pull up behind it but it was on the other side of the median going the other way and only thing I saw was a front mount IC that gave it away. Im not very impressed with the styling....

·
Registered
519 Posts
I think that the Evo X isn't a bad looking car. I am more into the whole sedan thing over a hatch though. That being said given the choice between an STi or Evo X I would go with the STi. Seeing as how neither one is within my budget the WRX is perfect for me. I think if Mitsu came out with a "mid" level car like the WRX Subaru might have a real fight on thier hands. Seeing how the Lancer only comes with an NA engine, in the WRX price range there is no real competition from them.

Seth

·
Registered
359 Posts
I almost waited for an Evo but to tell you the truth other than it having an engine that immore comfortable working on due to its more conventional design I just like torque. Yea I like torque and I hate peaky engines. The evoX is ok but I think subaru wins this time.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I am glad to see that they stepped away from that iron block POS of a motor they had in the last one to the all aluminum block.

·
Registered
359 Posts
the one thing I do like about the ego is how the license plate sits out of the way of the intercooler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
is it just me or the evo X resembles the GT-R?
wheres the 4G63? why the 4B11?
stay true to the EJ25
maybe even the EJ202?

·
Registered
359 Posts
iron blocks can take alot of punishment but they are obviously heavy compared to aluminum.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I would agree with you, but the new aluminum blocks can handle a lot of abuse. And I just don't think that having an Iron block for strength justifies the weight. Plus, their new motor is much better then the old motor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wo Wo Wo... well the person that started this thread and mentioned that you cant tell them apart is wrong. There are many things that give them away. They come with a rear diffuser, higher spoiler, dual exhaust, rear license plate sits lower on evo x, the front on a stock lancer isnt black(unless they plasti dip it or put vinyl ont it). Wider body kit, front air dams, the positioning of the fog lights is different. So when you say that you cant tell them aprt your wrong because you can. I own one and no one has ever asked me if that was a regular lancer.

Mitsubishi does have the ralliart as well that competes with the wrx line... they have their base model priced at 25k and work up from there.

I like both of them... but for some reason i feel the speed more on the subaru...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wo Wo Wo... well the person that started this thread and mentioned that you cant tell them apart is wrong. There are many things that give them away. They come with a rear diffuser, higher spoiler, dual exhaust, rear license plate sits lower on evo x, the front on a stock lancer isnt black(unless they plasti dip it or put vinyl ont it). Wider body kit, front air dams, the positioning of the fog lights is different. So when you say that you cant tell them aprt your wrong because you can. I own one and no one has ever asked me if that was a regular lancer.

Mitsubishi does have the ralliart as well that competes with the wrx line... they have their base model priced at 25k and work up from there.

I like both of them... but for some reason i feel the speed more on the subaru...
Sorry, but I have lol a little because this thread last had activity in it almost exactly 2 years ago. When this thread was written in Feb of 2008, there wasn't a Lance Ralliart to compete with the WRX...it looks like this thread is resurrected now...haha.

For the record, I also have trouble telling the difference between an evo x and a lancer. Ralliart vs Lancer is harder, imo...gotta look at the badging for me (and the exhaust I guess)...I don't think it is a bad looking car (or a bad car), just prefer the subies.

j

·
Registered
42 Posts
hahaha yeah i saw that before i posted it up and I though I would revive it and bring some good points up...

well with the lancer evo x its easy to know its one of a kind... yeah it might look like a ralliart as well but if u look closely the ralliart doesnt have any vents in the fron like the evo does... its like there is just a peice of vinyl and the chrome trim on the fron extends down to the bottom of the bumper....

ralliart and lancer is even easier lancer single exhaust and is a stupid little car but can beat a subaru wrx if its turocharged....

idk personally me I have an evo x, but the feeling of being in a subaru when your picking up speed is much more fun for me. You dont really feel the speed in the evo x and in the subaru u do like big time. I remember when I drove my friends subaru and i gunned it my head slammed against the headrest... I didnt know that they could do that...

+1 for the subaru over the evo x tho

I personally just reserved my subaru from the dealer since they dont have any white hatchbacks where im from because they are rear in my area... only persona that has one is my friend and he doesnt really know how to drive the car....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know modified evo's look good, but everyone is gtting them now. I belong to the 9glancer forum and all they do is say that subaru's look ugly and blah blah blah.... I hate how some people say stuff about other cars because of their looks... yes looks counts to but what really counts is whats under the hood and subaru's got it.... i beleive until they drive one they will really know what they are talking about

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i disagree about the styling. the spoiler makes a difference and the ralliart and the evo really stand out from the regular lancers. the regular lancers don't even register with me the bulk of the time, but i can always spot one of the boy racer versions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah I guess... but the evos and the ralliarts are now getting the regular lancer spoiler if you havent noticed. The high spoiler is now only coming out on the mr version

·
Registered
0 Posts
These days it's just too common to find a Lancer Ralliart that's been kitted like an Evo X. Only way to tell if it's not an Evo? Give it a run at the traffic lights. The Lancer's heavy body just bogs it down and the lack of a proper clutch to dump during launch will keep it waiting in line; the '09 WRX just blows the Ralliart away.

But I agree with what reviews say; the new Evo has gone soft. No longer do you get the "kidneys to the seat" feeling like the previous 4G63T bullies. Probably to preserve the SST gearbox just like why Nissan has backed off on traction control in the R35.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts