1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPT or TurboXS CBE?

Later on Ill pick up a Catted DP for it to turn it into a TBE

:eek:

Ive heard both, I like both exhaust notes they put out. Im just afraid of the droning factor on highways which i ocassionally take.
Any helpful feedback is welcome.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Re: Exhaust: Down to my final descision

If it comes down to this I would say price becomes the main factor then. SPT gets my vote because it lets you keep the entire warranty intact and is cheaper. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts

SPT or TurboXS CBE?

Later on Ill pick up a Catted DP for it to turn it into a TBE

:eek:

Ive heard both, I like both exhaust notes they put out. Im just afraid of the droning factor on highways which i ocassionally take.
Any helpful feedback is welcome.

Thanks guys!
I just put on a catless TurboXS TBE. Even without any cats the exhaust does not drone on the highways. Basically, you just hear a background rumble when cruising. Even my wife, who is picky about this kind of thing, is fine with it. I did order some dynamat to further isolate the cabin, but I was planning on doing that anyway to cut down on the road noise. Check out my review for it at HPTMotorsports for a full breakdown. I also posted a sound clip in my thread in the car gallery.

If you decide to go the TurboXS route, be sure to PM HPT Motorsports. They will give you a 3gwrx discount, and their customer service and shipping was excellent. Plus they support 3gwrx.

Let me know if you have any questions that I didn't answer.

·
Registered
519 Posts

Just got the SPT on today and I am not disappointed at all. I have a sedan and it has a low rumble at idle and highway speeds but nothing that isn't just a sweet sound. It sounds way mean on the boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts