Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I need some help/opinions. I just bought this Pearl White WRX last week from Buffalo (I live in Canada) and unfortunately I am having some issues already. We're getting hit with snow today and I must say that the way the car handles is amazing. But a problem occurred just half an hour ago. Out of nowhere my exhaust started to sounding loud, as if it was after market or something. This just happened when I was waiting on an intersection and occurred while revving the engine at idle, driving the car and using the engine breaks, also the revs dropped quicker when the clutch was pressed during shifting. After the 20min drive home the exhaust now only rumbles when I'm slowing the car down with the engine. I didn't hit nothing or drive over any hard ice or a large heaps of snow. Any ideas? Should I go straight to the dealer?

ill post my other problem in a different topic

THanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
Exhaust leak?

i would take it to the nearest Subaru dealership.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yelp thats what the warranty is for.
Yea but i hope you will not have problem with the warranty since you bought the car in the U.S
As i learn when i did my search (i thought of buying U.S too but i didnt) you will have to pay anything the canadian dealer charge, send the receipt and claim for SOA and they will refund you under warranty BUT only the price of the part and labor charge in the U.S and in U.S $

So far lots of part seem to be charge really higher in canadan (Ex. my sport grille was 220$US and dealer wanted 495$CAN, STI WIGN 300$US, here 700$CAN)
So if the part are too expensive here it will worth it to go have the car repair in the U.S rather than canada

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a good point...i'm aware that i will have to pay and be re-reimbursed but i was not aware that i will be refunded of what the US cost would be, and like you said the canadian dealer does charge a lot more for parts and cars...hence the reason why i bought it in the US. I just drove the car and everything seems normal now. I will take it in on monday to have it checked out...if repairs need to be done and its ok to drive, buffalo is not that far away, it may be wise to get the car fixed there. thanks for all the input so far

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
probably a dumb question but is there anything under the car that could get clogged up by snow that would cause such an effect on the exhaust? logically thinking no, but i never had a turbo car so i'm not 100% sure of the whole setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts