Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out if they actually put some padding on it or is it still just a cheap piece of plastic?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got it - not as soft as the armrest, and not the hard stuff.
I'd rate it as 'minimal padding'
The one thing that is a bit annoying is that when it's extended (this is the way I prefer to keep it for comfort) you can't easily access the latch to open the compartment below. Also, there is a goofy 'no hand' decal painted on so when it is in the extended position rear seat passengers have to look at it, and will probably touch it, then ask you why it's there :/

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yeah, that would be annoying with the hand image. I wonder if you could modify it to look like the "shocker"?

I'd be happy with at least minimal padding. I'm really surprised that there's almost no soft material in the car altogether. Hell, the '07's didn't have this much plastic.

Does the 'extender' (haha, yeah, this post is full on innuendo today) give you an extra storage bin like some other cars where it's a 2 tiered center console?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haha, yeah, that would be annoying with the hand image. I wonder if you could modify it to look like the "shocker"?

I'd be happy with at least minimal padding. I'm really surprised that there's almost no soft material in the car altogether. Hell, the '07's didn't have this much plastic.

Does the 'extender' (haha, yeah, this post is full on innuendo today) give you an extra storage bin like some other cars where it's a 2 tiered center console?
No extra compartment the arm rest extends up and out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, damn. I'm finding myself very short on storage room in this car.

Oh well, still sounds like a worthwhile add-on. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts