Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to mod the Factory DVD/Nav system to display gauges?

i would love to display gauges on the Nav screen, similar to what the Nissan GT-R has.

It should be possible, Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
That is freaking sexy :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to mod the Factory DVD/Nav system to display gauges?

i would love to display gauges on the Nav screen, similar to what the Nissan GT-R has.

It should be possible, Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking for the same thing for my 2008 STI over here in the UK, so far found this video that shows a setup working, but no one seems to know anything about it...if I find out anything I will let you know...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Crazy germans. Something about that video really annoyed the crap out of me. I don't know if it was that guy's overly-abrupt driving style and the fact that he kept hunting for gears, the excessive handbraking, or the fact that they were just stabbing at the screen seemingly randomly (where there were no buttons).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crazy germans. Something about that video really annoyed the crap out of me. I don't know if it was that guy's overly-abrupt driving style and the fact that he kept hunting for gears, the excessive handbraking, or the fact that they were just stabbing at the screen seemingly randomly (where there were no buttons).
[/quote

I know what you mean, given how crappy he is at driving the STI in this video it makes me wish I had a part-time job as a motoring journalist :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
[/quote

I know what you mean, given how crappy he is at driving the STI in this video it makes me wish I had a part-time job as a motoring journalist :)
Poor STi :'(

·
Registered
17 Posts
That Vid shows the stock Subaru sat nav system. And the displays it's showing is of Fuel consumption etc. nothing to do with boost! And them stabbing the screen is just them trying to use the touch screen, subaru has seen fit to stop us from doing most things whist the car is moving. you can get around this by putting a switch in on the cable which indicates if the handbreak is on. That way you still have full control over everything while you drive, eg adjust the bass/ballance etc and input stuff into the satnav while you roll.

·
Registered
37 Posts
also, put the ebrake into the first notch to input destinations. or something underneath just enough to make the brake light to turn on to input data or mess with touch screen. i use my ipod as a tool to lift up ebrake just enough for the light to turn on to input locations while driving. it takes about 4-6 notches before it starts to create drag to slow the car down. just my 2 cents

1 - 13 of 13 Posts