Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick it up from my local dealers and installed it today
i thought the one on SGP was too expensive so i decided to check for the unpainted version at my local dealers, generaly they are 3 time the price since im in canada (where a sport grille cost 495 and a SPT catback 1300$)

turn out that they add lots of different number, and end up ordering a factory matched painted WRblue STI strip with rear emblem INCLUDED, everything already assembled... and for 160$ i could believe it !

so here's it is!

Before/after

Before/after

WRB Factory painted STi rear strip parts number

and this badboy is getting painted next week !

·
Registered
717 Posts
looks great!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i love the way the emblem is not part of the strip like the chrome cousin which is build in the strip

also on a side note... i found a little pinhead of rust behind the strip around where the emblem is... i think it will be a good thing to removed it once a year to fix it up, its hidden anyway !

·
Registered
94 Posts
looks good man

im pretty sure it doesnt matter but...

on your second pic you didnt blur your license plate, so i dunno if you wanted to change that :p

but yeah man looks good

·
Registered
230 Posts
looks good man

on your second pic you didnt blur your license plate, so i dunno if you wanted to change that :p

but yeah man looks good
Nice catch!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks good man

but yeah man looks good
here it doesnt matter... the blur pic is older and was posted and other more local and general forum

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought the chrome strips didnt come factory painted anymore? or was that just the spoilers?
SGP claim so... and they also claim that the emblem dont come with it... my local dealer was having all the part number all including the rear emblem

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just when the chrome was beginning to grow on me. It looks great man. I'll have to try that trick at my dealership now..

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So we can order these factory painted from our local dealerships? If so, I gotta do this!
in canada yes and the emblem was included, i guess it should be the same for the US just ask them

·
Registered
74 Posts
I used Duplicolor smoke chrome finish on my 09 sedan.

It came out ok but it still needs more work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
So what is the part number that we need for a Blue WRX wagon with the emblem???Can anyone send me a link? How was the installation?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So what is the part number that we need for a Blue WRX wagon with the emblem???Can anyone send me a link? How was the installation?? Thanks
i posted as pic of the box with the part number on my first post but here it is

·
Registered
217 Posts
did u install the rear strip by urself?? if so how hard is it to install?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea took me about 20min... just some trim panel to unclip inside, removed the backup light, its pretty easy really

1 - 20 of 37 Posts