Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought and tried Maguires NXT stuff for my Focus, I was not impressed as it appeared to come off quickly. I'm going to be waxing the Rex over the holidays, perhaps I will try the NXT stuff again. Do you guys have a favorite wax you use or swear by?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I personally use turtle was premium gloss wax.. the result is excellent, it removes stains at the same time, and it last pretty long..

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had a paint protection service done on my car when I bought it. I have not checked on which product they are using now, but for my former WRX it was Simonize. I kept on using Simonize products and it kept my WRX very shiny. So I will probably go with whatever product line they are using now.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've used Meguiar's Tech Wax with VERY impressive results...made the paint on my dad's 86 supra look showroom quality again. Used in on my GC8 impreza too, worked great...

Going to try Turtle Wax's Ice though...it supposedly doesn't leave the white crud you get while using traditional wax and it doesn't damage rubber or vinyl.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Right now I have Pinnacle Liquid Souveran on my WRX. Gives it a nice shine and wet look, and it brings out the pearl. Applied with a PC.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use Menzerna. Awesome stuff, but I may delve into the bag of tricks for my pearl. The previous car was black and had a whole different set of paint needs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
There isn't product sold at a retail store that will match up against Menzerna, but if I weren't so anal I'd give it a try.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Pinnacle souveran. best stuff there is......

·
Registered
577 Posts
anything sold by Billy Mayes is good stuff too. ::)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wanna try this car wax costing 6000 pounds?

This guy just washes cars for a living, but he probably earns more than me. LOL :D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Turtle wax ICE is the best wax ever...always sold out at every auto shop around town
+1 on that and with a black car like I have, it saves alot of work.
+2 on that. I don't care what color car you may have, Turtle Wax ICE RULES!!!

It's the easiest wax ever! Not only that, it leaves a really good shine and glossy coat.

Oh yeah, I tried turtle wax ice (i used the paste) amazing results, i definately recommend

·
Registered
29 Posts
No matter what wax or polish you use, make sure you have a CLEAN surface to begin with. A clay bar is the way to go. Store bought I go with Zymol. Internet leans to Zaino. Both are a bit pricey for their domains, but a great choice, but they come off super easy and leave a great gloss and protection.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I use a product called "Wet Paint". It is kind of similar to Zaino I'm told. You can use it as a dry-wash, the car doesn't need to be washed beforehand though you get better results if you do. It also fills in swirl marks REALLY well. Plus, it acts as a nice sealant. You can use it on the glass as well, with very good results and it gives you a rainx effect. It works REALLY well on wheels. Whenever I've used it brake dust has always wiped right off REALLY easily, and it builds up much more slowly than it did before using the product.

I haven't used it on my WRX yet, though I need to order some more. I usually do it at least 4 times a year, which is enough to keep a nice coat of it on most of the time.

·
Registered
577 Posts
IM a fan of the chemical guys waxes too. (Pete's 53, 50/50)

they make great products. :)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts