Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm always on the lookout for a good new place to go eat so I thought maybe we could share our favorite places with each other.

Mine's Thai Bistro. There are 3 in the area, but I usually go to the one at the end of Highway 18 in Federal Way

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hahaha

Ranch Drive-in, the one in Bothell(dunno if there's another).

It's across the street from Bigfoot Java.

Bacon Ranch and a Mythical Mocha(caramel and white chocolate muahaha) makes a Friday nite f*cking awesome.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I got two great great Japanese restaurants for you...

Maneki

Kisaku

they are my favorites =]

·
Registered
643 Posts
maneki is 20 seconds from china town, and Kisaku is somewhere on 5th ave I can't remember exactly lol.

·
Registered
643 Posts
oh and Maneki is fairly cheap but don't get fooled by the wait the owner always make it sound like it will take 3 times longer than it really is haha. She always says something like 40min wait but was only ~15min etc.

Kisaku is close on the expensive side , my gf and I on average spend about $50-60 there with drinks and entrees + few side individual sushi plates.

Maneki is usually $25-35 with drinks and etc.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Blue Fin at Northgate. About $20 for a buffet of great Japanese food/sushi.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys should try Musashi's in Wallingford!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey guys,
planning on coming down to Seattle with my dad (he's visiting from Asia). Was wondering if Blue Fin is a good place to go for lunch? I've never been there before, so I'm gonna try it.

Apart from Pike Place market (which he likes to go to), are there any interesting spots in Seattle, or along the way? Also, any recommendations for dinner? We are coming from Vancouver, BC. Gonna take the I-5. Thanks!

Dinner will be en route back to Vancouver, so probably closer to Burlington (outlets), Bellingham... not looking for anything fancy/expensive. Something along the lines of Olive Garden in terms of $$

thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been there before with the wifey. Didn't try the salmon, but definately enjoyed the food.

I've read that Skylarks in Fairhaven is good for breakfast. Have you been there before?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been there before with the wifey. Didn't try the salmon, but definately enjoyed the food.

I've read that Skylarks in Fairhaven is good for breakfast. Have you been there before?
I haven't-- I have family in White Rock and we just passed through Fairhaven a couple times.

Black Bottle in Seattle was my favorite place for dinner when I was out there last year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Coastal Kitchen - Capitol Hill
Seafood. Menu changes quarterly. Great brunch.

Kingfish Cafe - Capitol Hill
Neo-soul. Try the fried green tomatos and pork shank (the meat falls off the bone).

Cafe Presse - Capitol Hill
French. Try the Croque monsieur. Best ham, egg and cheese sandwich ever.

13 Coins - South Lake Union
Upscale, Late Night. Anything is good.

La Medusa - Columbia City
Italian. Holy f*ck! Make reservations. Menu changes. Try the spaghetti and meatballs...for starters.

Belle Pastry - Bellevue
Pastries. Anything flaky. Get there early.

Din Tai Fung - Bellevue
Dim Sum. Steamed pork dumplings, so soft they fall apart in your mouth. Best pork fried rice ever.

El Rinconsito - Bellevue/Kent
Mexican. Everything is amazing. Open late.

Mayuri Indian Cuisine - Bellevue
Indian. Best Indian restaurant in the Seattle-area. It's in Bellevue, duh.

Shanghai Cafe - Bellevue
Chinese. Try the hand-shaven chicken chow mein and pork pot stickers.

Three Lions Pub at the British Pantry - Redmond
English. Chicken curry pastry. Curry fries.

Tony Maroni's Famous Gourmet Pizza - All over
Pizza. Traditional Boston-style thin crust pizza.

L&L Hawaiian BBQ - South King Co.
Hawaiian Plate Lunch.

·
Registered
84 Posts
whoa!! thanks for all the info guys! Now I'll have a bit more to do in Seattle than just walk around Pike Place Market and the downtown area!

I go down to Bellingham every weekend, too... Good to have recommendations close by!

slursorcery: I gotta print your list..

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're in Seattle check out the EMP (Experience Music Project) if you haven't heard of it, it's a giant interactive music museum.

Kerry Edwards Park on Queen Anne hill is also amazing, especially at night.

Beth's Cafe is REALLY good classic breakfast food. A little spendy, but the portions are gigantic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts