Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debuting at the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show on October 24, the long-awaited 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI stands at the very top of Subaru's performance lineup.

And as expected, the Tokyo showcar arrives in an all-new five-door hatchback look.

Subaru enthusiasts will doubtlessly be enraged at the idea of motoring in a hatchback, but we've discovered the STI is ready to do business.

The Way of the Five-Door
The new Impreza rides on a wheelbase that's 4.0 inches longer than before, but this is actually a fractionally smaller package, some 1.7 inches shorter although 1.7 inches wider. As a result, the 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI will weigh 3,263 pounds.

While the WRX is offered in a four-door sedan layout for the U.S. market, our sources suggest that the hot STI version will only be available in hatchback configuration. For the street, there will be two models of the STI fully equipped with curtain-type head-protection airbags, Legacy-style cupholders and even headlight washers, but later there will be a stripped version for competition use.

Read more at edmunds.com

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I gotta say i am more of a fan of the 4dr STI now if they made that i would be all over it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am all over this when it comes out. Actually, probably going to wait till around June. Since everything is pretty much new I want to see if there are any major bugs they may work out, or uncover within the first few months it's out. I hate having to go to the dealer for a recall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts