anddddd my result were:

R/T .628
60' 2.060
330 5.673
1/8 8.678
1000 11.247
1/4 13.436
MPH 103.02

temp was about 80 degrees and i was launching at 4.5k with flat foot at 6.7k...kinda sad i didn't get a lower time :/ but it was my first night ever on the track....andddd i did get the pleasure of seeing a 6.0 gto deep in my rear view on one of the runs :) he ran a 14.3

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not horrible for your first time. Pull that 60ft down to 1.7-1.6 and you could easily break into the 12s.Also lower your ffs to about 6k, no need to be shifting so high.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup i was reading i shouldn't be shifting so high...but 1.7 60'? nooo idea how to pull that off haha i do have some verryyyyy worn tires right now, but i didn't really seem to be spinning...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohhh and i forgot to mention, only car there with a roof rack :) and she was super dirty too!!! haha stood out like a sore thumb...and by the way, tips on getting that 60' down are very welcome!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is not to bad with the roof rack, it can make a difference for sure! My car feels faster when she is clean too, LOL!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is not to bad with the roof rack, it can make a difference for sure! My car feels faster when she is clean too, LOL!
LOL!!! funny that you mention that she's faster when cleaner...i just watched mythbusters yesterday and it was about a dirty car getting better gas mileage than a clean one due to a "golf ball effect" from the dirt...dirty car got worse gas mileage, but then they actually made a car with dimples like a golf ball ALLLLL over it and it actually got better gas mileage!!! anywho, i was kinda wondering how much difference the rack would make...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny about the mythbusters! As far as the roof rack, at least the savings in weight can't hurt. Not sure about the wind resistance, although it probably counts for at least a tenth of a second or less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts