Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard a light weight flywheel will throw a CEL.. can anyone varify this? heard it has something to do with the engine revving up to fast and the cam position sensor throwing the CEL

·
Registered
64 Posts
hum thats a good ?. i dont know if the wrx will but i had one on my tibby and never got a cel from it.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The CEL that you are talking about is from having both the lightened flywheel and a lightened crank pulley. So, be wise and choose one or the other.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well gonna probally go with the flywheel cuz my clutch you can smell when driving real hard...only 7k miles too :mad: so ya might aswell do it when the clutch is being replaced.... ugh should of never let my girl drive it.... what clutch/flywheel set up should i go with? car is daily driven and might go as far as the AP, TBE, and CAI thats probally gonna be it for performance mods.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i have a fidanza 9lbs on my SVT with a SPEC stage 1+ and i love that setup, really change the feeling of the car

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
There is a chance with using even just one of them (lightened crank OR lightened flywheel) that you'll get a "ghost" misfire CEL. Yes, they say it is caused by a weird reading from a cam sensor.

My '00 RS had a perrin lightened crank AND 9 lbs fidanza and it got ghost misfire CELs all the time. Luckily we don't have emission testing in SC or it would have failed me. (Acceleration was rediculous though).

Use lightened parts like that at your own risk if you are worried about CELs popping up. I would think that the sensors might be more sensitive on newer imprezas with AVCS than mine which didn't have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts