Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice find shark!! That build is NO joke!! I gotta finish reading all the details ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Very nice find!!! Wouldn't mind having an H6......

·
Registered
675 Posts
thats pretty slick.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Wonder if the suspension and body have also been properly balanced for this engine weight, power, etc....
Beast of an engine though :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice read.

I suspect about 90% was left out even though it was more detailed than a simple summary.
As was mentioned already, nothing was said about most of the drivetrain.
You gotta wonder how well everything from the transmission to the axkes would hold up long term.

Imagine taking that turbo engine combination and tweaking the rest of the drivetrain to match.

·
Registered
954 Posts
from what i hear the h6 is only an inch longer than the h4, and the weight increase is very minimal. trans bolts up and h6 engine mounts bolt up, its just alot of wiring from what i hear. id looooove to swap an h6 in my car, even if it was pretty much stock. thats a nice engine

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from what i hear the h6 is only an inch longer than the h4, and the weight increase is very minimal. trans bolts up and h6 engine mounts bolt up, its just alot of wiring from what i hear. id looooove to swap an h6 in my car, even if it was pretty much stock. thats a nice engine
Yeah, the H6 is a great engine, you just have to make sure you get the right type. They have put an H6 in the SVX and legacy GT. The SVX engine reguires more work to adapt it to a transmission that bolts to an EJ series engine. I had a friend that did it, the SVX also never had a manual transmission option, so that made it harder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts