Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of y'all out there have mentioned your wish you could get the sunroof option.....well YOU CAN ;D

I talked to the salesmanager at a local dealership her in St Louis and he's got an 08 STI with a pimp moonroof in it....opens almost all the way....totally electronic....functions super smoothe...a really nice setup...it does cost $1200 however...but that's fully installed...not too bad a price if you ask me...I'm sure the package to get that on an 09 certainly exceeds that margin over the base model...

I know you guys live all over the place but...he sends it out to and independant company so I'm guessing any dealership could do the same...so go talk to your local dealership otherwise...

314-994-1500

that's the number to the dealer, Lou Fusz Subaru...ask for the sales manager at the Subaru Store...I'm sure he could give you the info on the company that does it for him

I know lots of you are bummed about this whole 09 deal....but keep your heads up....they are always solutions....it's really the same car with a few tweaks...we can all get there if we want to....I got my car for a steal and will spend way less getting it to 09 specs that I would of by buying a 09.....the 08's didn't sell well so dealers were willing to make sacrifices to sell them.....I doubt they will so much on the 09's.....plus left over 08's are going to go WAY down in price....so IMO it STILL MAY BE A BETTER BUY....and then you can tweak to whatever liking you want

MAN UP 08 OWNERS!!!! WE GOT THIS 8)

·
Registered
253 Posts
If I stay in Michigan, then I wont be getting a sunroof put in. However there is a chance I may be moving down to Florida. If that happens then I will probably end up getting one.

·
Registered
345 Posts
alot of people have sunroofs put in aftermarket. when i worked at the dealership we did it all the time and the price of 1200 is about right depending on what kind of roof you want to get.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Don't aftermarket sunroofs tend to leak? I might think about putting one in if leaking wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't aftermarket sunroofs tend to leak? I might think about putting one in if leaking wasn't an issue.
hard to say...I would think by now the technology would be up to par....guess I'd ask if there was a warranty before forking out the $$

·
Registered
345 Posts
aftermarkets wont leak and usually the supplier will give you a lifetime warranty against leaks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
yea, i live up in seattle and i mentioned the sunroof in the 09s to my dealer and they told me they could have it done for around $1500. They also mentioned that the warranty on it is actually longer than that of the car. She showed me a few 08 foresters with them that they had installed to try and get them off the lot. Looked like a really good job. But there are so many other things i would like to buy for that much $... Maybe in a few years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts