Subaru WRX Forums banner

661 - 680 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
GTSpec rear strut bar. Just like the front, this isn't supposed to do anything. But just driving to work, I can feel a slightly tighter rear end where it doesn't lag to follow the front as much as it used to. It's pretty damn beefy, and is pretty showy if nothing else. Install was annoying and my carpet cutting skills are terrible (you can kinda see it in the picture).

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
nice! still don't have one on my car. wonder if it would fit with my battery the way i have it mounted...you still running boost juice? do they put those baffle balls in the smaller tanks, too?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
Yup still on boost juice. No baffle balls here :)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Looking good Larry!

Whats the latest and greatest on the Miata? I am planning a turbo build on my 91'. Nothing crazy just looking to make around 200 for a nice little street car. I'll be collecting parts for the next 1.5 - 2 years until I can DD my fiancee's Corolla. Until then DD'ing the Miata stock and drooling over my pile (future pile) of turbo parts when I walk by it hahaha

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
Wow that 91 looks like it's in fantastic condition!

I'm actually trying to sell my red one. I don't know if I posted but I picked up a 10th Anniversary Edition off a friend for pretty cheap. It's a nice upgrade since it has the 6MT, Torsen, and a non-fubar motor that makes more power. The M45 supercharger I had was rebuilt, but decided to sell it to help fund some projects. But as of the last track day, I think sways are next. I had an alignment done to the car, but it still feels nothing like the red one I had when it comes to feel and turn in sharpness :(

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Thanks! It's got 65,000 on it now... Had 61 when I picked it up in August! I'm thinking about swapping to a 1.8 before I start buying parts for the 1.6 lol. I'll probably just suck it up and turbo the 1.6 though... im not looking to make huge #'s, I just want a fun street car. I will need a torsen eventually. My 1.6 LSD is a ticking time bomb even without boost haha. Have you seen the fabricator that makes manifolds, downpipes & exhausts over on miataturbo.net? ARTech... he does some insanely clean work. Thats where I will be getting my manifold, DP, and exhaust... Can't wait I'm getting antsy lmao

I don't believe I saw the 10th annivesary ... last I saw was just the red one

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
I'll be at Laguna Seca next Sunday running with NCRC. The car threw a P0103 CEL, but after some digging, looks like it was likely attributed to the rain we got a few days ago. Reset the ECU and everything was good to go again. The car has been acting up about once a month (misfire), but it clears up after cleaning the MAF. I have a new MAF and dryflow filter laying around that I might slap on before the rest of the maintenance is done. Oil change, brake bleed, and DPT wheel swap will be coming up in the next few days before driving up for the D4D meAt, and corner balance/alignment at West End on the 21st.

As a joke, I picked up this Corolla badge that I'll run for a session or 2 :wink-new:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
Man it's gonna rain :(

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #675
Short asshole/sliding compilation from 2 sessions...blew the sound limit with 98.9dB pass. Will post more detailed summary next week

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Re: Forman Built 450whp GTX3076R at Laguna Seca 23 Dec (LC's 2009 WRX)

Nice. All that money in the car and shitty wipers lol. Plus u curse a lot. :)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #677

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Re: Forman Built 450whp GTX3076R at Laguna Seca 23 Dec (LC's 2009 WRX)

Haha sure. Dont feel bad. I have a potty mouth

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
what kind of tires were you running? it seemed like you could not stay straight in the wet conditions.

661 - 680 of 707 Posts