Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
I;m pretty sure there are still sites out there that sell the SPT 5 door for around 0 shipped, but still a good deal nonetheless.
if you know any of them, do let me know! i'd jump right on it. i was pretty sure the 350 deal has been gone for a few months now.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Funny story. The SPT exhaust you see on FlatIrons website for the 08, is my exhaust. I was the first in this area to have it installed, and it sounds perfect. The FlatIrons guys are good people who know WTF they are talking about. And thats still a good price for the exhaust!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would never pay 500+ for the spt. It is just not worth the price. 350 is the most I would pay and with the number that were bought up during the sale... they are always going to be spt's for sale and I predict being around 300ish

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
well, the price the OP posted isnt too bad. I mean, you get warranty, a letter to show the cops in case you get stopped for it, and it may fill the noise level some ppl are looking for. By design, it's still a restrictive exhaust. But it's not too far off in price from many brand named exhaust.

·
Registered
129 Posts
People seem to think the SPT can still be found for 350ish.. I have yet to see it for that price *new* and I've been looking.

there's one site selling the sedan exhaust for $333 but the 5door is gone.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
People seem to think the SPT can still be found for 350ish.. I have yet to see it for that price *new* and I've been looking.

there's one site selling the sedan exhaust for 3 but the 5door is gone.
which site is that that is selling the sedan exhaust?

·
Registered
821 Posts
i know that south coast subaru in costa mesa, ca had one left for the 5 door hatch at the $333.00 price, i was going to buy it. however i scored a barely used one for $250.00!!!! how can i refuse that offer?!?!!? to me, it is just loud enough without creating any unwanted attention.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Be carefull with that letter. It says on there to check your state laws before installing. I know in wisconsin the SPT exhaust is illegal unless it comes stock on the car when you get it from the dealer/manufacturer. Our law reads if its modified to be louder than stock its illegal. Some states have decible levels and i think the SPT exhaust is under those limits. But check you local laws. I know if someone showed me a letter like that for modified equipment i would laugh. Not that I would cite them, unless they were being a dumbass and reving their engine right in front of me or driving like a moron. Then its a different story.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Here's the $333
http://www.renickmotorsports.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2360&osCsid=83d4d8e07a8944cc8f9040a2fd70dac0

If that's out of stock, here's $399
http://www.iagperformance.com/shopping_cart/proddetail.php?prod=D441SFG100

Seriously, if someone finds the 5-door I'll love them long time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Be carefull with that letter. It says on there to check your state laws before installing. I know in wisconsin the SPT exhaust is illegal unless it comes stock on the car when you get it from the dealer/manufacturer. Our law reads if its modified to be louder than stock its illegal. Some states have decible levels and i think the SPT exhaust is under those limits. But check you local laws. I know if someone showed me a letter like that for modified equipment i would laugh. Not that I would cite them, unless they were being a dumbass and reving their engine right in front of me or driving like a moron. Then its a different story.
it's a port installed option though, so it is "stock" - right? the dealer here in madison sells most of its wrx's with the spt already installed.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

Here's the 3
http://www.renickmotorsports.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2360&osCsid=83d4d8e07a8944cc8f9040a2fd70dac0

If that's out of stock, here's 9
http://www.iagperformance.com/shopping_cart/proddetail.php?prod=D441SFG100

Seriously, if someone finds the 5-door I'll love them long time.
Thanks, you're my hero.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hehe :) I may not know everything but I know how to find everything.. Google ;) Enjoy, you lucky sedan SOB ;) I'll just end up buying one off the forums if I like it once I hear it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts