Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is everyone else so happy that the new Imprezas have fully framed windows? Better for safety and SO much better for reducing wind noise, NVH, etc. Has anyone here slammed the door of the previous-gen WRX with the window rolled halfway down? Sounds like garbage. There, I feel better after my mini-rant!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
it will make the car harder to steal also... my friend forgot his key in his 06 STI and i took me about 2-3 min to open his door...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I remember how loud my 98 RS was. I am glad the windows are framed.

Seth

·
Registered
382 Posts
I appreciate the framed doors for the reason mentioned already, but the frameless doors are one part I originally fell in love with WRX's back in the day. They just look more sporty IMO.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I appreciate the framed doors for the reason mentioned already, but the frameless doors are one part I originally fell in love with WRX's back in the day. They just look more sporty IMO.
do old Dodge neon look sporty ? cause they do also have frameless...

·
Registered
382 Posts
do old Dodge neon look sporty ? cause they do also have frameless...
Not that I'm aware of, but the dozens of sports cars that are frameless definitely are. What's your point? :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
haha nothing, they are just not alway as sporty :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
i really like the framed in windows to me it makes the car more grown up looking... dont know maybe im weird... ::)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Has anyone here slammed the door of the previous-gen WRX with the window rolled halfway down? Sounds like garbage. There, I feel better after my mini-rant!!
Still some ppl on the other site would rather have a ton of noise at highway cruising than framed windows. However, my brother w/ a 05 likes the quieter interior of the 08.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts