·
Registered
1,802 Posts
That is pretty cool!

<--------- Looking for the link?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I don't see anything yet. If anyone finds the link please post. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I call shenanigans!!

I'd really suspect it will be for all APv2 applications - we just need a firmware update to use the latest release of the free ST.

In any case it's all speculation until they officially make the announcement - here's to hoping they show the 08's some love...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
This is from cobbs site....

It looks like it is for the AP v2

Originally Posted by Trey
We were a few days away from announcing the release date for the AccessTUNER Race (formerly StreetTUNER) software so I don't have a more formal release completed yet but I can fill you all in on the details in a rough draft. This represents decisions made many, many moons ago and we hope it reflects the current needs of the fellow enthusiast.

AccessTUNER Race for new AccessPORTs

Release date: August 25th, 2008

Price:
We were a few days away from announcing the release date for the AccessTUNER Race (formerly StreetTUNER) software so I don't have a more formal release completed yet but I can fill you all in on the details in a rough draft. This represents decisions made many, many moons ago and we hope it reflects the current needs of the fellow enthusiast.

Price:

Price:

Price: $0, FREE web download.

The process will work as such:

1) A link from our website will go active on August 25th to download the AccessTUNER Race software.

2) You visit the link and fill out a basic survey/questionnaire.

3) We email you a download link.

4) You download, install, and start tuning!

The software is vehicle specific, and is not limited in any table/parameter access. It offers the exact SAME depth of access to ECU parameters as the Pro version. So if you have a new AccessPORT, you can Real Time tune, datalog, etc just like the Pro version.

The software will NOT allow you to open up other Pro maps (.ptm) aside from the COBB maps. We're opening up ALL of our maps for you to use as starting points for your tune. That literally means you just open the maps already on your AccessPORT, download the ones on our website, etc and start tuning. IF you have a Pro tuned map that you want to adjust, all you need to do is contact your original tuner and ask that they send the map for you in the Race format (their software can already do this, it's as easy as File->Open, pick your map, and File->Save->Race... a whopping 5-10 seconds of work). You can then view the exact details of your map, edit it, etc. And just like the original software, you can share maps with one another, and so on.

We can start another more official thread to discuss this if you'd all like. I just figured this would be a good place to make everyone aware of our plans.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB
, FREE web download.

1) A link from our website will go active on August 25th to download the AccessTUNER Race software.

The software is vehicle specific, and is not limited in any table/parameter access. It offers the exact SAME depth of access to ECU parameters as the Pro version. So if you have a new AccessPORT, you can Real Time tune, datalog, etc just like the Pro version.

The software will NOT allow you to open up other Pro maps (.ptm) aside from the COBB maps. We're opening up ALL of our maps for you to use as starting points for your tune. That literally means you just open the maps already on your AccessPORT, download the ones on our website, etc and start tuning. IF you have a Pro tuned map that you want to adjust, all you need to do is contact your original tuner and ask that they send the map for you in the Race format (their software can already do this, it's as easy as File->Open, pick your map, and File->Save->Race... a whopping 5-10 seconds of work). You can then view the exact details of your map, edit it, etc. And just like the original software, you can share maps with one another, and so on.

We can start another more official thread to discuss this if you'd all like. I just figured this would be a good place to make everyone aware of our plans.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB
, FREE web download.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB
, FREE web download.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Curses

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey I just downloaded the AccessTUNER Race App... I got to wait untill I get home to install it....

http://www.cobbtuning.com/

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
considering the hardware is $600-700 ... I would hope the software is free... sheesh. the more I hear about AP the worse it sounds.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Cobb has had a tunning application out for the APv1, they called it "Street Tuner" and I think it cost $300+. I could be wrong on the price, but I know you had to pay for it.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Let the tuning begin!
;D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am really liking this. I have a map in my car now that runs like a scalded dog. I am having a problem data logging with the AccessPort Race Tuner, so I use RomRaider. Then I just make adjustments in AccessPort tuner, load the map to my AP, and flash it to the ECU. I also have a wideband. This is awesome!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It really is a cool application... Right now I am looking at wideband sensors. Which one are you using?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UEGO-2000, from Anderson Ford Motorsports. I have been using this one for a few years now. I really like that I can move it from car to car quick and easy. I have tuned many friends cars with this wideband. I cant data log to my laptop with it, it stores a run internally. It was the $hit a few years(4) ago though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts