Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, although I have been a member for a couple weeks and posting comments and whatnot, I just stumbled across this, so I figured I might as well post something. Well, I am new to Subaru, and in love with Subaru already, and new to modding my car. I have a dark grey 5 door Impreza with a 20% window tint. I would of liked to get the WRX, but my insurance would of been more than I could handle at the moment. I have already recieved great help from everyone one here about what I should do to my car. One thing, I want to get different light bulbs for the headlights. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hello all, although I have been a member for a couple weeks and posting comments and whatnot, I just stumbled across this, so I figured I might as well post something. Well, I am new to Subaru, and in love with Subaru already, and new to modding my car. I have a dark grey 5 door Impreza with a 20% window tint. I would of liked to get the WRX, but my insurance would of been more than I could handle at the moment. I have already recieved great help from everyone one here about what I should do to my car. One thing, I want to get different light bulbs for the headlights. Any recomendations?
Hey welcoem! we have some people here who knows alot abt the headlights. hope they can be of service soon! =)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
which bulb you need to change ? high beam, low beam or fog ? i change pretty much all the bulb of my car alreay and i did extensive search on whats on the market so if you need advice just ask

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which bulb you need to change ? high beam, low beam or fog ? i change pretty much all the bulb of my car alreay and i did extensive search on whats on the market so if you need advice just ask
I would like to change all of them, except fog, i dont have them yet.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
for the low beam are you looking for a HID kit or just changing the OEM bulb for better, nicer, stronger one ?
for the high there is no need to get HID, and even if the colors is not so legal its ok since you usualy turn them on just when there is nobody on the road
another nice touch to have is to get LED bulb for the license plate, make it look like a lexus rear end :)
there is a list of which bulb number you need in the Styling board

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yeah I guess the HIDs. I just want a brighter light. and yeah the led bulb would be a nice touch ;D
here what the license plate LED look like on my car

For the HID kit, keep in mind that the Higher Kelvin you get, the less light output (lumen) you will get and the more blue/purple they will be

OEM HID on lexus, benz etc. are 4300K... if you want a bit bluer 5000 will be a fine compromise... and IMO 6000K is the acceptable limit
over that (8000k, 10 000k, 12 000k) you will get a nice look but you will really have bad light output

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah I guess the HIDs. I just want a brighter light. and yeah the led bulb would be a nice touch ;D
here what the license plate LED look like on my car

For the HID kit, keep in mind that the Higher Kelvin you get, the less light output (lumen) you will get and the more blue/purple they will be

OEM HID on lexus, benz etc. are 4300K... if you want a bit bluer 5000 will be a fine compromise... and IMO 6000K is the acceptable limit
over that (8000k, 10 000k, 12 000k) you will get a nice look but you will really have bad light output
Where is the best place to get the HID kits?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah that looks real good man (the lisence plate). i think ill do that myself.

also, have you heard of anything about removing the chrome strip on the trunk and painting it? or one you can buy already painted?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts