Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one front lip that sells for about$500 on harman motive's site and was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere else I could find this lip for a cheaper price?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
yeah its pricey like that because its "JDM" hpt is putting together a group buy for one if your intested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go to home depot and get some garage door sealer it comes in a roll, its a spongey rubbery type material and some 3m or higher quality doubled sided tape and clean the lip with some solvent and go to work. Super easy and takes about .5 hour check site for pics there one here. Ill post some soon.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Go to home depot and get some garage door sealer it comes in a roll, its a spongey rubbery type material and some 3m or higher quality doubled sided tape and clean the lip with some solvent and go to work. Super easy and takes about .5 hour check site for pics there one here. Ill post some soon.
I just did this on friday, its really easy to do and looks good too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heres some pics of the home repot front lip. Had it on for 250+ miles and numerous hand washes and no prob. I also added it to the rear following the same angle as the diffuser.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Im going to try a new DIY front lip set up this weekend. ill post pics monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've gone through 3 of these. They either fall off or are scraped to hell. I prepped the bumper with gasoline and when I took off my lip, it was STUCK on there. (required me to use an eraser pad to get the tape off, and in the process ate up my paint on the bumper. Thinking about long flat washers and self tapping screws. What y'all think?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
my buddy used screws for his garage lip on his bugeye and he used about 40-50 to get it to look good. it looks nice and its not going anywhere but he says it was a big PITA to get done. Plus hes got 40+ holes in his bumper now if he ever takes it off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts