1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a UR CAI used for about 1k miles $125 shipped SOLD

Perrin recirc BOC brand new in box: $175 shipped, SOLD to jaje

stock turbo 5K miles perfect shape $225 shipped

Blown VF40 $115 shipped, can be used as a core to get a 18g turbine installed.

Pics:

More pics to come of intake:
Adam

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS (CO) Ultimate racing intake, Perrin recric BOV, stock turbo and blown VF40

pics added

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS (CO) Ultimate racing intake, Perrin recric BOV, stock turbo and blown VF40

bump

·
Registered
36 Posts

I've been reading about adding an aftermarket BOV to the 2008+ WRX. I've been reading that VTA units will not work right and you have to use a Recirc one (100% or 50%). Does the Perrin one you are selling work w/ the 2008+ WRX and not affect it's performance?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I've been reading about adding an aftermarket BOV to the 2008+ WRX. I've been reading that VTA units will not work right and you have to use a Recirc one (100% or 50%). Does the Perrin one you are selling work w/ the 2008+ WRX and not affect it's performance?
The perrin BOV I am selling is a full recirculating BOV. So it won't hinder hte performance of your car or cause it to not idle properly. The main benefit odf this BOV over the stock one is that it wont leak and it looks pretty cool too.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Sent PM for BOV. Thx

·
Registered
916 Posts
what did you end up buying for a turbo again? (09 wrx turbo??) i think if i had a vf40 in hand i might have sent it to blouch for a 18g swap kit for only $350. so tempted to pick yours up... its what im planning on doing and the price is right on this.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with a 09 wrx turbo. I could probably do $100 shipped on the VF40. Let me know

·
Registered
345 Posts
will a rebuild kit fix the vf40? or is it worse then that? ( sry i dont know much about turbo's and such i only work with stocker parts on GM diesels )

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will a rebuild kit fix the vf40? or is it worse then that? ( sry i dont know much about turbo's and such i only work with stocker parts on GM diesels )
I am not sure what will ficx the turbo. I installed it on my car and it made a very loud whinning noise. I assume the blades are hitting the compressor cover. The shaft play is minimal but something isn't right. I would recomend sending it to blouch and have it rebuilt and upgraded.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts