Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your name(first)? : Robbie
What is your Email Address OR Contact PH #? : There are bots that search forums for emails and phone numbers and then sell the info to spammers.... please PM me if interested. I have my PM set up to give me an email notification.
What is your State? : Oklahoma

What I am selling:

Rotors. The rotors are genuine Subaru JDM rotors. I know these will fit 08-09 WRXs. I don't know the other applications. They are 5x100 and house the larger 190mm inner parking brake diameter. They are vented. They are packaged in lubricant to prevent any rusting. I got them as part # RSTR-2634 from Rallispec (great people btw). These cost 277.00 shipped new. They are typically made for gravel/rally but they work great on a dd that sees the track now and then. These are a top quality upgraded set of rotors if going to an upgraded set of rear brakes.

(I have already sold the 4/2 pot calipers and Kartboy brackets... sorry)

Why I am selling:
I was going to install the Subary 4-2 pots from an 07 WRX but have decided my car doesn't see enough track time to warrant it. This is basically everything you need to install a set of rear 2 pots on an 08 or 09 WRX.

Prices:
$200.00 obo shipped with insurance and delivery confirmation for the JDM vented rotors.
This is still via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insurance.

(Will accept PayPal, Check, Moneyorder, super hot hooker, whatever)

Pics:

·
Registered
954 Posts
got the calipers?

·
Registered
651 Posts
have you confirmed 08/09 fitment? the 02-05 used a 266 mm rear rotor- that adapter is built to space from the holes where the 02-05's calipers fit, putting that adapter on a 08/09 that uses a larger rear rotor (286 mm) would likely not work

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I did a test fitting. I put it on and it fit perfectly with these rotors and 07 2 pots. In fact, there was no need to remove or trim the dust shield either. Because these rotors are a bit thicker, they are closer to the dust shield but there is still substantial clearance and there is no rubbing against the brackets or the rotors.

I doubt it would work with an oem 08-09 rotor though because it's a bit larger in diameter (I guess).

I think these rotors are rally gravel rotors.

http://rallispec.com/prod_chart_brakekit.htm

The only fitment issue I had was with the 07 2pots going into the brackets themselves where they slightly rubbed. (this is a common problem). They fit fine but scratched a little bit of paint off the calipers.

I guess I kind of had another fitment issue. After installying the brackets and 2 pots, the Kartboy bolts stuck through farther than I would have liked them to so I purchased metric washers and lock washers to possibly make the bolts stay away from the rotor and be flush with the inside of the caliper edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts