Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pull up to the gas station to let the corporate oil giants run a premium gas nozzle up my ass, and low and behold, my fuel release latch is not doing it's job. Luckily I still have about 2 gallons of gas (1/8 of a tank or so) so I can get back home. My 2008 WRX Sedan is only 1000 miles and 1 month young. Has anyone ever seen this before on any of their cars? It doesn't feel broken as there still is some resistance. I've tried it a few dozen times and it just won't pop the door.

I'm sort of in a bind now because making it to the dealer on the gas I have left to get it checked out would be an adventure in itself and I'm sure I wouldn't make it without a mild heart attack.

Anyone?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I cna't tell you how to get it open. Look around there was another thread on this. Some folks did it using two people and some covered tools. After you get it open push back the tab that the release pin goes into a little and that should solve the problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
make sure you have someone pulling on the fuel door lever and use like an old credit card(that's the only tool i had at the gas station :-[) and pull on the gas door...it will take some tries so don't give up thinking you are scratching the crap out of it...

·
Registered
64 Posts
i had the samething happin to me, after i got it open its worked fine lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here was the problem. The lanyard or whatever that holds the gas cap to the car/fuel door got caught behind the spring hinge. Once I made sure it was out of the way, no more problems. Really dumb since the lanyard is pre-formed to lay in that hinge and I'm sure will happen again in the near future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts