Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here use the Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve? I'm thinking about swapping it in on my next oil change, however my car is lowered and i'm unsure if there will be enough clearance between the valve and the ground.

Does anyone here use this or have opinions on it?

http://www.fumotousa.com/

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have one that I'm waiting to install, my buddy installed one at my place though. It did not stick below the plastic undertray, so you should be plenty good.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use these on all my cars and have talked many friends into getting them. They are great. As for clearance, you are fine.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Mine (F105, NOT F105N) definitely clears the undertray. Since drain plug is in a part of the pan where it angles up, the valve doesn't stick straight down. Plus the plain F105 doesn't have the nipple that the F105N adds, so that reduces overall length a little.

I wouldn't run one on a dumped car or a rally(x) car, but if you've never scraped your undertray you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That's cool

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have one on my car. It has been quite low, and has also been in a rally cross (not at the same time), and it's been fine. It's not really "exposed" at all, due to the angle it mount in the oil pan, and the undertray protecting it.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i have one. its the fumoto f105. i got it for nothing from a friend. it helps with the initial splash you get when the plug is pulled out. the oil comes out much slower.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I suppose this should work with my beatrush undertray. .always wanted to try one out.
its really not that big. just get the valve without the drain tube attatched.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What I don't like about these is that you can't pull it out and look at the magnet catching all the flakes...

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
What I don't like about these is that you can't pull it out and look at the magnet catching all the flakes...
the stock plug doesnt have a magnet.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Another benefit of these valves is that it makes oil sampling for UOA much simpler. You can run the oil up to temperature like your supposed to without the risk of having hot oil running down your arms, and if you just need an intermediate check on the oil, you can just get out enough for a sample without draining the whole engine. I'm a fan.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
im gonna get one for my wifes 2011 forester too. the new fb25 engine uses a f108 fumoto valve, not a f105 like all other subarus. the drain plug is smaller and the hex is smaller. weird.

·
Registered
405 Posts
the previous owner put in an aftermarket plug. I'm surprised the stock doesn't have a magnet... All my bikes and cars had em.

Hell, go for it i guess haha

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for those who used this valve did you use the gasket that came with it or a subaru gasket

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
for those who used this valve did you use the gasket that came with it or a subaru gasket
Definitely use the fumoto gasket.
i got mine free from a friend. it came with no gasket. i used teflon tape and put it on. it hasnt leaked a drop in over 2 years.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My Fumoto sits above the hole in my GTSpec skid plate. Very convenient.

If you are the nervous type, the Fumoto is designed so you can put wire type spring clamp on it, to lock it from being accidentally opened. They recommend that for farm equipment but not street cars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts