Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone made one yet? (aftermarket)?

just wondering before I go crazy and make my own... some guys on nasioc have done it for older WRXs and wagons...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
isnt the factory one fonctional already ?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
isnt the factory one fonctional already ?
I have my doubts about the OE premium package diffuser. Normally, functional diffusers are under the car, not so much all the way to the rear, but after giving it some more thought, I think the exhaust/muffler design may have something to do w/ it. B/c it's rounded and mounted horizontally, at certain angles, it looks like air would move around it and hit against the diffuser...... or maybe I'm just hoping for too much?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
my Contour SVT have a rear diffuser thant is right in the back and was prove fonctional.. i guess this one is... maybe not as much as an aftermarket one

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the OEM one looks nice but I somewhat doubt it's functionality due to the location and width of the fins

I'm looking for an aftermarket one if it exists... because I plan on making my own out of fiberglass. I no longer have a muffler back there. just a pipe.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
A buddy of mine saw my car for the first time and said "ooh a rear diffuser". He looked at it for a few seconds and said "too bad it's not functional". Anecdotal evidence at best, but take it FWIW LOL

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I give that kid mad props!! ;D That came out Pro-fesh!

Good find Saturn!! ;)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he needs a rear diff protector

so do I as well...

but I'm going to try this in a month or so if there's no aftermarket one for a decent price

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
That would be a fun little project, just finding time is the problem :(. HHmmmm... maybe a mini vaca.??? 4 day weekend! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts