Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
trying to get fuse taps "add a circuit" to wire my boost gauge but can only find ones rated at 10 amp. will these work? some fuses that need to be tapped require a 15 amp

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after further investigation I "believe" the 10 amp rating is only for the added fuse connecting to the wire so I think Im good

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
for what it's worth, it didn't work for me. But maybe you'll have better luck than me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The fuse taps i used allow you to put in whatever amp fuse you want. I got them at autozone. They like $8 each. I have 4 of them hooked up in my fuse panel and some use different fuses than others.

for what it's worth, it didn't work for me. But maybe you'll have better luck than me.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I got ones from advanced auto parts that say on the packaging they are only good from 2-10amps. Again maybe OP will have better luck than me, but the ones I got looks like this

mfct-mini-fuse-circuit-led-fuse.jpg
mfct-with-fuse.jpg

not sure if the ones you are running is something like this:
67958d1240771794-warning-anyone-using-fuse-taps-main-fuse-box-fuse-taps.jpg
these will work with any fuse amp rating and possibly is cheaper than the other ones above. I would definitely to be safe get something like this instead of the first one I listed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got ones from advanced auto parts that say on the packaging they are only good from 2-10amps. Again maybe OP will have better luck than me, but the ones I got looks like this

View attachment 23113
View attachment 23114

not sure if the ones you are running is something like this:
View attachment 23115
these will work with any fuse amp rating and possibly is cheaper than the other ones above. I would definitely to be safe get something like this instead of the first one I listed.
yeah those are the ones Im talking about on the top with the wiring on them. I wonder why they didnt work lots of people on nasioc and iwsti using them

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fuse taps i used allow you to put in whatever amp fuse you want. I got them at autozone. They like $8 each. I have 4 of them hooked up in my fuse panel and some use different fuses than others.[/QUOTE
u got the bussman ones right. thats what they had at auto zone here but they are also rated at 10 amp but those are the ones people are using. look exactly like the ones makikogi posted same thing different brand

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have both of them wired into my wrx and they work great. The picture on the top does allow you to run what ever fuse you like and the one on the bottom taps into that current fuse.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have both of them wired into my wrx and they work great. The picture on the top does allow you to run what ever fuse you like and the one on the bottom taps into that current fuse.
what amp fuse are u running in the add a circuit? the one thats running the power to the fuse box

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
well I was tapping into 2 15amp fuses. I don't know maybe I did something wrong, but with the taps gauges were not working, when I jammed it straight into the fuse, everything worked fine. Maybe I did do something wrong? but I think I was just assuming considering the amps were too high.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I was tapping into 2 15amp fuses. I don't know maybe I did something wrong, but with the taps gauges were not working, when I jammed it straight into the fuse, everything worked fine. Maybe I did do something wrong? but I think I was just assuming considering the amps were too high.
I need to tap 3 fuses. all Im doing is waiting for the gauge to arrive. I dont think I can get around tapping in to the 15 amps I think Im just going to use the 15 amp for the original fuse and a 5 or 7.5 for the added fuse. the gauge shouldnt need much. I did see on nasioc one other person who wasnt able to get it to work. but Ive been searching and it looks like a lot of people have had success with them. Ill let u know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
well again good luck, I hope you have better success than I did!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts