Subaru WRX Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Which one do you have? I have the Hero3+ Silver and if Im using the app it gives me about 35-45 mins of video before dying off and thats at the default settings.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have the Hero3+ Black. I pulled it off the charger fully charged, drove around for about 15 minutes only connected with the app long enough to check the video angle and start the video, and then turned the GoPro and the wireless off until I went back out to drive about 3.5 hours later. Turned the wireless back on, took a 5-7 minute drive to the industrial park, and when I turned on the camera it kept turning back off. I'm wondering if leaving it my car during that time in the cold had something to do with it. I've never left it out in the cold before so it's the only thing different I can think of that would have caused the problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
I would hope that's not the case with those since I see people using them in all temp environments including underwater

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Oh I used it underwater quite a few times during my vacation last month and it was fine. Probably 1.5-2 hours of video spread throughout the week without charging it in between. Maybe it powered back on after I had powered it off then and I didn't realize it - who knows :S

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
well maybe it's possible extreme weather could play a factor

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
There hasn't been any more measurable snow, and now it's subzero cold outside, so I don't think I'll have a video any time soon :(

The good news is that I ordered some parts today! ID1000 injectors (<300 miles on them), Forge BPV, Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace, and Lamin-X taillight overlays(to replace these bluebat ones that have treated me horribly).

Spring really needs to get here soon!

·
Registered
787 Posts
A lot of what I had read even if it mentioned hatch seemed like it was their dual exit exhaust so I guess there was optimistic thinking in that it would be just related to that rather than the single exit. If the midpipe is the issue, I saw a few mentions of a 'revised' midpipe that was supposed to fix it.

Unfortunately I don't know anybody local that has either to go listen to, so my sound for the Perrin is going off of what I've heard on the video as well as what their catback sounded like on my brother-in-law's 02 WRX (I know it's going to sound completely different, but I can't help but think it's going to sound like that some). As for the price, I'd definitely be looking at used if I can find it. In fact, I'd probably try to see if anyone would be interested in trading my Cobb for their exhaust and make a deal that way.

Thanks for your thoughts Marcos! You've helped me lean toward the Perrin a little more, and since that's the one I was initially interested in it looks like that's probably going to be the one.

I have owned the sedan perrin Dual, and the quality leaves a lot to be desired, they market as a premium company, but the exhausts simply arent.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
those ID 1000 will support around 420WHP on e85, plenty of headroom. Wont last much further than that though!
I don't think I'll be going much further than where I am now and adding E85. If anything I may do a small turbo upgrade, but once I convert to E85 my next focus will be on suspension and aesthetics. I'm thinking the E85 will keep me pretty happy for a while (or at least I'm hoping so).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have owned the sedan perrin Dual, and the quality leaves a lot to be desired, they market as a premium company, but the exhausts simply arent.
I haven't had any issues with mine yet. Granted, I'm not super knowledgable in the area so I just went off of price and sound, but I don't have any complaints about it (yet).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks Renato.

Just a quick update, all the parts have arrived so I'm itching for warm weather. I'm also getting some extra income this month so, as long as all goes well, I'll have her tinted and the FMIC will be ceramic coated by the end of the month :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Not a huge update, but I saw this mod on NASIOC and had to do it. Haven't seen many cars on the forums with it (and none in person). I absolutely love how they look, and I'll try to get a clearer picture when it's lighter outside and my car is cleaner.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Just picked the car back up from the tint shop. Formula One Ceramic 35% all the way around with a 5% strip on the windshield.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Another after (for tails):

Now for it to stop with this crappy weather so I can get these wheels off of it and give it a proper wash.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Fuzzy's 08 DGM WRX Build (Stage 3.52)

New spoiler installed. Loving the STi style, but may have to get a few more CF parts so it doesn't look completely out of place. Also need to plastidip my wheels so they don't look so horrible until I can afford a new set. I feel like the rear end looks a lot more aggressive now than it did (probably a combination of the tint, lamin-x, and spoiler).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not a huge update, but I saw this mod on NASIOC and had to do it. Haven't seen many cars on the forums with it (and none in person). I absolutely love how they look, and I'll try to get a clearer picture when it's lighter outside and my car is cleaner.

I did something similar to this. So I could paint my tail lights red. I wonder what he used for the reverse bulb.
Here is my backside
uploadfromtaptalk1393081837052.jpg
If you want to do this mod and have questions let me know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
After further inspection I see the car I quoted just relayed the brake lights down there. I relocated the reverse lights so at night I get more break light illumination, and still have white reverse lights with no fugly clear plastic.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Wow, that's a really neat mod! I did just tap into the lights so the reflectors would be illuminated when the lights are on, and then even brighter when I hit the brakes. I really like how yours look with the reverse lights rerouted as well. Do you have a write-up for it anywhere in case I get ambitious? I found the reverse lights lacking as well, so I replaced the normal bulb with a 10w Cree LED, but that rerouting looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did something similar to this. So I could paint my tail lights red. I wonder what he used for the reverse bulb.
Here is my backside
View attachment 24088
If you want to do this mod and have questions let me know.
Hey Californicater,

I've been looking to do The lower reflector backup mod for about 3 years now! I have a 2011... T3M4fO4l.jpg

Do you have any links for bulb type or specs votlage etc for how you modded this? Also how has the mod lasted so far?

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I can't believe I've went about 5 months without an update. A lot has changed in 5 months (although some of it as recent as this weekend). Unfortunately I don't have any pictures yet, but here's a list of everything I've added since the last update.

• Cree 10W LED Reverse Lights
  • Footwell Illumination Kit and Center Console Light (red)
  • 2009+ WRX Center Console
  • SLK Innovations Hallow Halo Fog Lights (white LEDs and diffuser ring)
  • Grillcraft Lower Grill (black)
  • Diode Dynamics Switchback LED Turn Signal Bulbs
  • Forge Motorsports Recirculating BOV
  • RacerX v3 FMIC
  • Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar
  • RalliTek HD Rear Endlinks
  • Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace
  • TiC Shift Linkage Bushings
  • TorqueSolutions Front & Rear Shifter Stay Bushings
  • Torque Solutions Positive Shift Kit (Tranny Crossmember Bushings)
  • Group N Tranny Mount
Next up on the list will be the crank pulley (if anybody has the Grimmspeed tool they'd like to sell let me know) and the fuel pump and injectors so I can finally go E85.

I'm also weighing my options for shocks/struts. I need to look into the details further, but if all 08+ WRX shocks/struts will fit I may go with a used set of those since it's supposed to be an improvement over stock. Otherwise I'll be saving up to get RCE Blacks and Koni Yellows.

Growing tired of the factory wheels (especially after installing XXRs on my bro-in-law's Spec B this weekend), so I need to start looking into options there as well.

I somehow managed to hit my sister's mailbox with my passenger mirror this weekend and it made a small 1-2" scratch through the paint, so I'm thinking about swapping out to the mirror caps with turn signals or power folding mirrors (Marcos, if you happen to see this can you send me a PM with prices for both if you're still selling any?).

I'll try to see if I can get some pictures of how it's sitting now in the next couple days, but I'm going to a Subaru meet next Saturday (if anybody is in Ohio you need to check this out - https://www.facebook.com/events/580122808768559/ ) so worst case scenario I'll snap some pictures then.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts