Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I had a really hard time finding out replacement parts (both OEM and aftermarket) for the engine air filter and the cabin air filter as Subaru does not provide part numbers on these OEM parts and the online databases for the 2008 WRX are wrong and have costed me $$$ on incorrect filter sizes. The owner's manual states to replace the engine air filter every 30,000 miles, and the cabin air filter every 7,500 miles or every 12 months - whichever comes first. I'm just posting the info so that people don't make the same mistakes I made and for easy reference to correct sizing when the time comes for the rest of you guys.

Engine air filter:
Subaru OEM Part #: 16546AA12A(all the number zero, not the letter 'O').
Aftermarket: Fram CA9997
-Still looking for other aftermarket filters that will fit.

A/C Cabin/Pollen filter:
Subaru OEM Part #: 72880FG000
-Still looking for any aftermarket filters that will fit.

Please make a post if you are running an aftermarket air filter or cabin filter that fits properly!

Thanks,
Mr. E

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Engine Air filter = same as Legacy GT 05+
Use that as a cross-reference and alot more options become available.
FRAM, ACDelco, K&N, Blitz, the list goes on and on

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome dude, thanks. Here are some more compatible Engine Air Filters:

-K&N 33-2304
-Beck Arnley 042-1712

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
bumpage!

I think I want to stock up on some cabin air filters...at 32500 and have yet to replace one. Would be sweet if I could find one that is reusable after cleaning like our intakes! Any one have any incite or is it just going to be replace over and over again?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
do our cars come with a cabin air filter installed from the factory? or is an option to put in afterwards? just curious.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yes they come with Cabin Air Filters installed from factory.
Also the part# above are mixed up...72880FG000 is the CABIN filter & 16546AA12A is the ENGINE filter

·
Registered
743 Posts
my dealership have been buggin me about my cabin air filter lately.. they said it needs to be replaced (eventhough they didnt really look at the actual filter) they were goin with how many miles i have on my car.. i bought my08 brand new back in may '08. since then i dont really use my A/C much at all during summer time and not much heat either during the winter.. have any of you guys replaced this filter since you first bought the car???? i just hit 22k on my odo

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i just turned 20,000 miles. i checked the cabin filter. it looks brand new still! even after almost 2 years. has anyone had one that was dirty yet?

·
Registered
743 Posts
i just turned 20,000 miles. i checked the cabin filter. it looks brand new still! even after almost 2 years. has anyone had one that was dirty yet?
see!! i had a really good feeling it was still good.. just saved me $50 ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts