Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From you have experienced, are gauges one of things " you get what you pay for"? Ive seen boost gauges from super cheap to " i can buy a used Civic for that much"

I want to get a boost gauge and was wondering if i should stay away from cheap ones or if it even matters.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
From you have experienced, are gauges one of things " you get what you pay for"? Ive seen boost gauges from super cheap to " i can buy a used Civic for that much"

I want to get a boost gauge and was wondering if i should stay away from cheap ones or if it even matters.
I have a auto meter mech. gauge w/ vaccum and boost readings. paid like $100 for gauge and pod. I have'nt had any problems! ;D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was it a PITA to install?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Not at all.! It took me well under a hour to install. Hardest part was fig. where I wanted to put it.lol.. mech. gauges are pretty straight forward. ( positive, ground, and air line) done deal!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks TK! ;D

·
Registered
988 Posts
I like STIR gauges.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I went with pro sport. The gauge and the mounting cup came out to a total of about 75-80 bucks I believe it was if im not mistaken. Pro Sport isnt the absolut best but I think they are nice gauges for the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts