Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This group buy is in its infancy but there is an opportunity to get a group discount on KW V3 coilovers from Rocket Rally (www.rocketrally.com) with 5 and 10 units. I'm not going to post the prices yet, they're not great but not retail either. Please post here or PM me if you are interested. I will also be looking at other places to see if we can't get a better deal also.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it's ok to post this PM conversation, nothing personal was exchanged.

Quote from: sxhmidog on August 27, 2008, 12:58:57 PM
Hey man, just wondering how you are liking the V3's that you got. What is the range of height adjustment? Can you get close to stock or do these force a significant drop? If you don't mind, how much did these cost? How would you rate the firmness of these? Too aggressive for bad roads? Sorry for all the questions :)

-----------------

I can't comment on height adjustment, but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to have the ride height close to the OEM setup.
They were SGD$3500 I think. Prices vary wildly between countries though (they are more expensive in Australia where I'm from, for example) so that price will be little use to you in America I suspect haha. Though Cusco Zero 2e costs SGD$2800 here, so you can compare.
They are firm but nowhere near uncomfortable. The roads here in Singapore are pretty good, but even in sydney or someplace where roads aren't as good, they would still be OK.

German coilovers are a lot different to Japanese ones - they are made for practical daily use, instead of being shake-your-teeth-out track only style.

The car finally handles like a proper car now, and not a boat, so it was money worth spending in my opinion.

Good luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i've ridden in an evo with the kw v3s, they're fine for the street. they're a little harsh, but definitely not bad (especially considering they're a good track setup as well)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts