Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I couldnt take it anymore. The tax return sitting in saving was killing me. I just ordered the AP from Perrin with their stage 1 map for 93. I also ordered some other things as well heres a list.

Borla catback dual exaust (sedan)

Avic-z2
JDM spec av panel for dash (from japanparts.com to make it a true double din and not oversized)

JL audio 10w7 (2)
JL audio slash 1000/1v2 amplifier
JL audio 4guage wire

I am also looking at these to maybe in the next few months

Rallitek front and rear swaybar kit
Perrin BOV
Cusco strut bar

·
Registered
344 Posts
Awesome!!! You will love the Perrin Stage 1 map, I do ;D Are they gonna tune it for the cat back? You wouldn't wanna put that on there w/o a tune ;)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You can't run a catback without a tune? I thought you could for some reason.

/jealous

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome!!! You will love the Perrin Stage 1 map, I do ;D Are they gonna tune it for the cat back? You wouldn't wanna put that on there w/o a tune ;)
I didnt even think about that :(. Thanks, Do you know if they will charge me for that?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Call and talk to Jeff, I think they should include it for you. You may see a "decrease" in performance with the v in back pressure from the cat-back... Plus you are talking more of a Stage 2 tune with that exhaust ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I certainly dont want a decrease in performance! In general i thought you dont have to tune for catback, only turbo back is this not the case? Also You think i would be able to use the current gaskets on the new exaust?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think you will be fine with the CBE on a stage 1 tune.
just make sure that you recirculate the BOV.

At one point when i was stage 1 i had a CBE, CAI, Inlet Hose, FMIC, more boost, and Meth. Now, that was only for a few days and the car ran fine. The AFR was good.

Just think about getting a protune so you can take advantage of your mods.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Perrin map is pretty agressive, so you might be ok... I would protune tho, its just my .02 cents ;D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok will definetly talk to Jeff then and she about getting that done. Thanks, its going to be fun weekend next week ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts