Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
id be down for it. iv been eyeing them up, just havent pulled the trigger yet. hey, you guys coming out with an intake or exhaust for the n/a cars?

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
id be down for it. iv been eyeing them up, just havent pulled the trigger yet. hey, you guys coming out with an intake or exhaust for the n/a cars?
We will have catbacks for the n/a cars through our AVO line. They are expected in the next 2-3 months. Intakes will be available in about the same time frame. The air flow sensor is a new shape so things need to be re-tooled on the production end.

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm trying to set up a group buy for us in Singapore! Hope you can help us with shipping :)
We ship internationally on a regular basis, we can help. How many sets do you need?

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Man it will cost $405.95 (or $203 per set) to ship just 2 set! $721.81 (or $145 per set) for 5 sets..... Unless the cost can go down alot more, or we can get a credible volume to get a container, or use a cheap shipping forwarder, GB in Singapore is unlikely!

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to set up a group buy for us in Singapore! Hope you can help us with shipping :)
We ship internationally on a regular basis, we can help. How many sets do you need?

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Man it will cost 5.95 (or 3 per set) to ship just 2 set! 1.81 (or 5 per set) for 5 sets..... Unless the cost can go down alot more, or we can get a credible volume to get a container, or use a cheap shipping forwarder, GB in Singapore is unlikely!

Ouch! International air freight can be expensive for larger/heavier items like sway bars. Did someone from our customer service staff quote you? Is that straight from UPS? I want to do whatever we can to help.

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would be interested if we got enough people here to make a dent on the pricing, otherwise I would just hold off for the time being. So consider me highly interested in doing a GB.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would be interested if we got enough people here to make a dent on the pricing, otherwise I would just hold off for the time being. So consider me highly interested in doing a GB.
+1 on that

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will be hard to get much lower than our current $50 off sale. Retail for Front / Rear Set is $299 Current Sale (ends Jan 31st BTW) is $250.

What would you guys like to see....

Thanks,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
954 Posts
how about $225 shipped?

·
Registered
382 Posts
My concerns really are not much around price, in fact they rank as follows for a part like this:
1. Performance - Will it deliver the handling upgrade I'm looking for
2. Durability - Will the bars last and not rust out (within a reasonable time)
3. Price - Does the benefit in handling out weight the cost.

So realistically I'm likely to wait on ordering these until I see some reviews from users on here.

·
Registered
954 Posts
My concerns really are not much around price, in fact they rank as follows for a part like this:

So realistically I'm likely to wait on ordering these until I see some reviews from users on here.
there is a review for these for the 08 wrx someone posted up on nasioc and had nothing but good things to say about them. iv heard from a few people that on the 08's sway bars should come before springs.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Here is a review: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394147

I have never installed sway bars on any car that I've owned but from everything I've read it is a significant improvement. Obviously launch and heavy breaking will still buck and dive, but body roll will be limited. Durability wise I'm not sure but they are solid bars so I doubt that they would rust out before it would matter to you. I would also say that for $225 shipped ( ;) @ Sean S. ) the handling would outweigh the cost. My .02.

·
Registered
382 Posts

I have never installed sway bars on any car that I've owned but from everything I've read it is a significant improvement. Obviously launch and heavy breaking will still buck and dive, but body roll will be limited. Durability wise I'm not sure but they are solid bars so I doubt that they would rust out before it would matter to you. I would also say that for 5 shipped ( ;) @ Sean S. ) the handling would outweigh the cost. My .02.
Thanks for the link, very helpful.

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I have never installed sway bars on any car that I've owned but from everything I've read it is a significant improvement. Obviously launch and heavy breaking will still buck and dive, but body roll will be limited. Durability wise I'm not sure but they are solid bars so I doubt that they would rust out before it would matter to you. I would also say that for 5 shipped ( ;) @ Sean S. ) the handling would outweigh the cost. My .02.

We might make $225 a set with 10-20 sets. I do not think we will be able to make $225 shipped. (The boxes are big and oversize.) I am working on it. I meet with marketing and with finance toward the end of this week. I will let you guys know on costs. It will be hard to beat the current sale pricing.

As far as durability: We offer lifetime warranty on our sway bars. If you ever have a problem with one of our bars we will replace it.

The handling difference is night and day. Bars make a bigger difference on these cars that the previous models. (not saying the older WRX didin't need sways, this one needs them even more!)

Thank you,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Got it in the mail on Monday, installed on Wednesday afternoon, been out driving and eating turkey since then.

Packaging:

There was one big box, with the two bars wrapped well in some packing stuff, and two smaller boxes included. The two small boxes contained bushings and new retainers, and some washers/plates.

The finish on the bars looks great, too bad no one will ever see them, or actually that is for the better, I don't like to announce all my mods with bright colors and stuff, the rear bar has a collar on each side to help is stay in place.

Install:

It was easy enough, I have ramps and air tools. Very straightforward, the 08 bars are easier to get out and back in than the older models.

In the front instead of 3 different crossmembers you have to take off there is only 1, but there are 9 or 10 14mm bolts that hold it in place, there are only two that have nuts on them instead of a welded nut, so without an air gun and only socket wrenches look forward to a fun time with it.

In the rear it was always easiest to unbolt the muffler and take it off the hangers to get it out without swearing for a long time and usually cutting yourself, the 08, with the bar being shorter and the exhaust being more central (and I think it hangs lower) you can snake it out in seconds without dropping the mufflers.

The only confusing thing really about the install was there were two plates that were packaged in the same box as the front bushings, so I assumed they were for the front, but after looking at the rear, the way the bushings fit, they really have to go in the back. So, if you get these, make sure you put the additional plates in the back, not the front (well, they won't fit up front, on the passenger side there isn't room).

with my air tools, I got it done in about 45 minutes, expect a bit longer without.

Driving impressions:

Wow, it feels like a different car, much more fun.

The biggest problem with the car in stock form was not the actual body roll itself, even with all the roll, the car felt poised and connected, however when you go into any kind of transition (slalom for instance) the negative of the body roll becomes very noticeable and you have to slow down and steer sooner to make it through.

That being said, body roll does suck and well, these sways reduced the roll very drastically, the car feels more neutral coming out of corners, which is a huge plus, and it is much more stable which means when I get back out to the autox track going through the hundreds of slaloms that they like to set up for us will be that much easier and faster.

Conclusion:

Good quality parts, the finish on them is great without announcing to the world what's going on.

Easy install, but what sway bar wouldn't be easy to install?

Very fun to drive!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts