Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down a busy street (its always busy everywhere) and as i was accelerating thru 2nd gear and going into 3rd, with my clutch in, i could not engage the 3rd gear. I tried going back to the 2nd gear, but still couldn't. So i tried everything thru 1-5 and failed.

I rolled to a stop (after putting on my hazard lights). with my car stopped and clutch in, i tried to push my gears into all gears 1-5-R but i still could not.

So i tried with some force to force it into gear 1. I was pushing against something, and suprising enough my car started rolling forward. Wanting to see if the cause was gravity, i pushed the stick to R and the car started rolling back. (note all the time with my clutch fully depressed.

I put the stick back into 1 and started "jiggling". Luckily the stick started pushing thru and finally engaged itsef in gear 1.

Anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
guess you will need to see your dealer, might be something wrong with the clutch

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
clutch fluid may be low or have too much play, have you changed anything related to it?

take it to the dealer x3

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i forgot to mention the dealer wouldn't entertain me cos i've done mods to my car. It works this way from where i'm from. Car's driving normal now. I'll wait till something like that happens again. =)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it's against the law for the dealer to refuse warranty repair on your car regardless of mods

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Law

look it up

unless you replaced the clutch with a racing clutch or something, they have to fix it

in other words, a cold air intake doesn't void your ENTIRE warranty, just the warranty on the intake. try a different dealer or call subaru of america directly.

EDIT: saw you're in singapore... not sure how the law works there but it should be similar, contact subaru direct.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I think that the rules are different in Singapore. But, check it out and see if the dealer would do something.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
if you need to get it fix just see it as a oportinity to get a Stage 1 + Flywheel ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
isnt the tranny the same as the previous models ? need to check it out but i guess yes... or a LGT also might be the same

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a similar problem on an old RS. This first problem was with the line from the clutch master cylinder to the slave had a pin hole. Then the master cylinder went bad as well. Could be as easy as bleeding the system. Easy to do but a little messy.

Seth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts