Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 11 Wrx sedan for about 3months (4200 miles) and have dumped a lot ( more than expected for this soon) money into getting my power out of the car. I'm currently stage 2, on e85, and very content with it. My question is, should I be changing/upgrading and of the fluids in the car, besides the oil? I don't drive like a Dbag, so it rarely sees a lot of boost for any length of time, but with the car only having 26k miles, I'd like to keep things running as smooth as possible. Any input or recommendations are very welcome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Iv'e been on e85 for a while now, close to a year and besides oil changes , the only fluid that has been changed is my trans/diff fluid to the extra-s . I change my oil every 3,500 and trans/diff every 20,000. So far I have 67,000 miles on the car and still running strong. Also Your coolant should be good for 5years as its the super blue used on 08 and up wrx's

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's whats used in the sti's transmissions, you will notice slightly smoother shifting and engagement. The extra-s fluid is better than what we get in the wrx.

·
Registered
714 Posts
When I did my scheduled difs/trans fluid service, the Suby extra-s fluid was a nice cost effective product and reduced my transmission whine noticeably. After digging around the forums a bit, the extra-s product was an easy choice for me considering how many guys have used is with no issues. You have to figure that Suby would design a well matched gear oil for their own gearboxes....why wouldn't you use it:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts