Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of 6000k 55w HID's (which makes em more like 4ks) for my Low beams and Noyka Hyper Yellow 70w for my fogs...

The low beams seem easy enough to intsall, but can anyone help me out with the fogs, and also balancing the lights? I'm a tad bit confused as to how to get my bumper off, and also not sure the best method to properly balance the bulbs.

any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re: Getting some new lights!

Hey man,

Good luck on the install! I can't wait to see how the lights look.

As for the bumper, it looks like it is fairly easy to pop off, according to (of all things) the Sport Grille installation instructions. http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=437.0

Looks like it's just a couple of fasteners. I'll let you know this weekend, however, after I install my grille.

·
Registered
176 Posts

If there's enough light, I certainly will. I'm meeting Justin (owner of JNA Performance, deliverer of parts, CTSubie founder/member) for a CTSubie meet at a Bridgeport Soundtigers game tomorrow, and I'll probably do a parking lot install of the grille. I don't know when the caravan down to Bridgeport is meeting, but if there's daylight, you can bet I'll have pictures up for you :-D

·
Registered
176 Posts

Woohoo! A cookie!

Yeah, I'm bringing my screwdrivers with me; this is going to be the least graceful install ever, haha. But my car must look good ASAP.

·
Registered
169 Posts

No need to remove the bumper to get at the fogs. Just remove the skid plate on the bottom and get at them from there. I did 6000K HID's in my low beams and my fogs. They look real good. Take some pics when your done.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

UPDATE...

just got my hyper yellow fogs delivered, still waiting on the HID's...I'd install them today but it's entirely to wet and rainy out.

So when i get around to it can anyone walk me through how to go about installing my fogs...I know I have to jack the front up and take of the under guard but what comes after that?

·
Registered
493 Posts

Just ordered a set of 6000k 55w HID's (which makes em more like 4ks) for my Low beams and Noyka Hyper Yellow 70w for my fogs...

The low beams seem easy enough to intsall, but can anyone help me out with the fogs, and also balancing the lights? I'm a tad bit confused as to how to get my bumper off, and also not sure the best method to properly balance the bulbs.

any help would be appreciated :)
You will love the fogs I have them. When i have them on there so yellow people ask me if i actually painted the fog lenses. You dont need to remove the bumper to do the fogs either, just stick your hand up there and change it. There is a section where you can get in and remove the olds and and the news no problem! Took me 10 mins!

All my lights are Noyka lights, highs,lows,fogs. I didnt go with the HID's because the projectors in our cars suck. You will see when you put in the HID's the cutoff is horrible and they glare miserably! From what i read around the best way to do it is get a set of d12 projectors and retor fit them but, that is a hefty job!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

would anyone be able to put some pics up of putting in your fogs? I mean the way without taking off the bumper...Because i went under the car(as i gave my stands to my friend)with very little room and couldnt reach my hand behind the fogs...I thought about removing the mud guards on each side but it looks like theyre connected to a whole heap of crap i dont feel like removing...

any help would be appreciated i really dont feel like having to pay to get these damn things in :)

·
Registered
176 Posts

Sorry guy, we managed to put my grille on without taking the bumper off. It was cold as balls out, and we wanted to do it as quickly as possible!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts

What you can do, is either go from under right near the tire or fender liner. Since my pieces are all messed up I was able to go in a diff way. Anyways you can pop out the couple clips holding in the fender liner to the bumper, pry part of it out and stick your hand in. All you do is twist the fog to the left, pop the plug out then undo the bulb. Put in new and replace. I was able to do this with out looking because its the same as the low beams I think it was just with out sight. Was a little tricky getting the plug and fog light unattached but it was simple.

·
Registered
493 Posts

What you can do, is either go from under right near the tire or fender liner. Since my pieces are all messed up I was able to go in a diff way. Anyways you can pop out the couple clips holding in the fender liner to the bumper, pry part of it out and stick your hand in. All you do is twist the fog to the left, pop the plug out then undo the bulb. Put in new and replace. I was able to do this with out looking because its the same as the low beams I think it was just with out sight. Was a little tricky getting the plug and fog light unattached but it was simple.
+1

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

got all my lighta in and they look amazing, no glare, cut off is just as it was with the OEM halogens. It's supposed to snow 6 inches tonight so my girl is going to take some night shots for me :)

Soco drive on down here and play in the snow with me :) lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do you have ground and wall pics?

·
Registered
493 Posts

got all my lighta in and they look amazing, no glare, cut off is just as it was with the OEM halogens. It's supposed to snow 6 inches tonight so my girl is going to take some night shots for me :)

Soco drive on down here and play in the snow with me :) lol
Oh man, I been playing in the snow since i got out of work early on friday! I was riding home on the grass in the pallisades on friday cause peeps where BS'n on the pallisades. Lovin the rex in the snow. Where abouts do you live? We have to hook up sometime. PM ME i will throw u my cell.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Got any pics?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts