Subaru WRX Forums banner

Girls owning a WRX?

11K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  filthy 
#1 ·
I don't know if Subaru released info about what percentage of what gender buys their cars, but does anyone know of a girl that bought a WRX?? It seems that espeically the WRX and probably STI, are really only appreciated by guys (which is unfortuante) - This is good a for my manhood as years ago I had a Celica and USUALLY there were wemon driving those....

#3 ·
I have a good friend who has a 2004 Wagon with a few mods. Her husband has an 2006 STi. She's a pretty good driver I might add.

#5 ·
The thing is, the Subaru bunch is already a unique group. A female WRX/STi owner is definitely something else. They dont use the car as a 'let me bring my friends to the shopping mall' type car.... not a chick car. Most female WRX owners I see do not mod it or have it lightly modded.
The day I was picking up the WRX, there was another WRX there that was ready for delivery. My salesman told me it was a female registered nurse that bought it.... believe it was a 5 speed as well.

#6 ·
My fianc?©'s best friend owns a silver 05 WRX sedan. A girl she works with owns a black 03 WRX wagon. I guess we're odd. I own the 08 2.5i wagon and my fianc?© owns an 08 Toyota FJ Cruiser with the off raod package. We swapped vehicles. I sold my lifted tricked out Jeep Cherokee for the RS so my fianc?© could have the SUV of her dreams.

#10 ·
Man come out to the Bay Area, TONS of girls driving subies, and not the anoying ricer kind of girls either, most of them can out drive alot of guys and then go and get under there car and do there own work...its kinda hot ;)

#11 ·
In sept-iles I saw 1 red WRX sedan and 1 white N/A HAtch with women at the wheel adding to me + that other guy with a Grey N/A that makes half and half. but on the WRX only side that makes 100% women

#15 ·
I wanted to wait to see the Mitsubishi lancer ralliart 09 but mitsubishi engine is not so good ... cheap interior what really like about the car was the agressive look .. but again I thought in the bright side Subaru is one of # 1 most safe vehicle ..never heard anybody complaining about the subarus sport car or performance ... and yes heard a lot of negative about mitsubishi sport car... is not good to use as you daily drive... the car really gets watsted ...
Well so far Im happy with the car !

#16 ·
+10 for not going with a Mitsu! Subarus FTW ;D

#18 ·
im not really a fan of the new lancers.. if anything, ill get a evo9

bout the girl thing.
i seen a few girls driving wrx/sti out here in SoCal. when i go to the big subies meets out here, theres always like at least 4 or 5 girl subie owners. the one that goes to the meet they do mod by the way. yea, the percentage is still small.. but they are out there!

you could actually do a search on myspace and will find a whole bunch lol
no lie, just first find all the subaru clubs on myspace, then view all their club members and you'll see some girls.

#23 ·
Agreed, kinda looks like a little boy....

#24 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

#26 ·
not a fan of girls with green eyes. you can't trust 'em.
LOL :D

My wife has noticed a ton of female WRX drivers in the region (midwest). She gets upset if I honk 'n wave, which I can understand... how many of these chicks truly respect the bond that is Subaru ownership? They prolly think that hawt guy (= me) in the Mazda/Pontiac/Hatch-Thingy ('08 WRX) is hitting on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.