Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it took me forever to get off my ass and actually do it but i made a home for my gauges. what do ya think?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Looks very nice. You know what would be cool too? If you could switch the locations of the gauges and the ac controls.
That would be quite sick.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the a/c controlls are all electronic. i thought about putting them inside the center console under the arm rest for a long time, but decided i liked a place to put junk better. i also thought about painting the trim around the a/c vents, radio, across the dash, and around the door handles red. then i remembered i have a friend that can air brush really good. so im gonna get him to airbrush everything and clearcoat it.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Looks very nice. You know what would be cool too? If you could switch the locations of the gauges and the ac controls.
That would be quite sick.
+1. It looks good, but the only problem I would have with it is having to take my eyes off the road so much to see the gauges. Still, for certain gauges that placement would be ok. I'm not a huge fan of the color though honestly, but I also have pretty bland taste when it comes to colors (hooray for greys and blacks).

·
Registered
954 Posts
lol im with you /\/\ guages look good, but i think the tackiest, riciest thing you can do to a car is pain the interior. i like the blacks/greys myself. either way, good job on the install ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks pretty sweet. I heard from a reliable source that there is an electronic set of guages that you hook up to your double din head unit. I got a pretty sweet kenwood that has all the works..navigation, dvd, cd, blue-tooth and some other things I will never use. Anyhow you can have all your gauges displayed and I guess you will be able to change your background setting. I'm not doing a good job describing this but I am sold on this as it will be right in my line of sight and I wont have to have guages mounted anywhere. But your install looks great! 8)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
^^there are a couple manufacturers who make things like that which have a video out. However, there is a reason that not many people use them, that being that they are all very expensive, think $700+, and wouldn't allow you to see the map while driving with the gauges on. I don't know about you but I use the map to know ahead of time what to expect on the road, especially curvy roads where I tend to push things a little harder. You'd be better off just getting something like a PLX OBD gauge that allows for additional sensor inputs and allows you to see multiple values simultaniously through one gauge.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I like where you put the gauges but def wouldn't put my boost or anything like that there. I'd put my EGT, Oil temp and what not there. Gauges that I don't need to look at very often, just a glance now and then i'd put there. And that red def doesn't work for me either. Like lurker said I think that is the ricest thing anybody can do to their cars. But to each his own and def a good job on the install. Def going to be doing the samething with my other gauges.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts