Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my bone stock WRX...traded in my 2000 2.5rs for this turbocharged monster! I can't wait to start modding it!!! I've had the car since October and I love it. I got suspension plans on my list for now...I want to get the handling the same as my old subie. I'll keep you guys updated on Mods.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very nice! Do you have a planned list of mods? I know you said suspension, so as a heads up, you might want to skip plain jane lowering springs (I wish I had!) and go straight for coilovers. TEIN just came out with their Super Sport-P model coilovers for the 2.5i/WRX, and they're great... 16 way damping front and rear! Not something you'll find on the Megan Racing coilovers, which only offer front damping.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds sweet! I was thinking about coilovers and I know TEIN is a good company, thanks for the heads up! I asked for Perrin's rear sway bar (19mm) for christmas if, I get that I will get the front 22mm swaybar later. After those mods I want to get some better tires. How wide of a wheel can the 08 WRX handle without any rubbing?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, 225s fit, and 245s are too wide without rolling ones fenders, so 235s are questionable, to be honest. Maybe someone on here has fit 235s without any problems, but I'm stopping at 225 for autocrossing reasons.

Another nice thing about those TEINs is that they work with the TEIN electronic in-car damping adjustment computer thingie. I haven't done much research into it, for, once again, autocrossing reasons, but from what I understand, it allows you to dial in damping from inside of your car, on the fly, through a little computer and these little servos that you put on your damping dials automatically adjust your coilovers for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the electronic in-car damping adjustment computer and the coilovers it would be about $2k. Thats a pretty good price for what you get. I will stick with 225s. Thanks for helping me out.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
welcome and congrats on the car. The mod bug has bit me pretty hard and over the last 2 months, have had a lot of luck getting things w/ at least 30% off.

·
Registered
176 Posts
With the electronic in-car damping adjustment computer and the coilovers it would be about k. Thats a pretty good price for what you get. I will stick with 225s. Thanks for helping me out.
No problem, dude! At a few boards (CTSubie, RS25) I've sorta become the resident '08+ 2.5i/WRX expert. I do a lot of looking around and if it has to do with suspension, I've probably done SOME sort of research on it. Power isn't my thing, but suspension I know. I've got my eye on those TEINs too, just without the electronic adjustment. $1,500 minus whatever I can recoup from selling my Cobb springs is a GREAT deal, especially when I can adjust my ride height depending on the season :)

And other questions, feel free to ask. I can't wait to see how your car turns out. Glad you went with the Sport Grill right off... that's one of my biggest regrets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts