Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided im probly gonna go with the dual 3'' borla price is very high but im thinking its worth every penny. my gf has a borla cbe on her focus and its pretty nice, one thing i did notice tho is it seems like no matter what kind of car im looking at or listening to it seems you can always tell that borla rumble its sounds a little fake you know what i mean ?. Im not 100% in love with the exhaust tone but but at least i know im getting a quality product but if perrin would have theres out for the sedan i would love to have that one. Any input

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
you have expensive taste my friend. i went on the cheap but i am totally happy w/ my setup. $250 catless invidia dp + $333 SPT CBE = smile on face. here's a sound clip of my car

of course the spt cbe went up and it is now like $879 alone. if you have no plans on going stage 2 or buying a Cobb ap then buy yourself a $1200 cbe. i think it is the most expensive sedan cbe out there right now. then again... who am i to tell you what to do with your money. i haven't heard a borla system on a wrx yet though. there is a clip on this forum somewhere of the borla cbe on a 2.5 NA impreza. if you get one, please do a sound clip and post it up for everyone to enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yours sounds pretty good rex heres a clip of the borla
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
from what I've heard of the borla on the 3rd gen impreza, it just sounds loud. Plus, 1200 is a LOT for a catback. I think I'd rather just go custom, which is probably what I will end up doing (cheaper, and I can make it quiet).

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i have the borla.i got it when the spt debacle was going on.i waited 3 months for the spt and said screw it.i bought the borla from jscspeed.com.came in 2 days!!i know it was expensive but fit and finish is perfect.i had a borla system on my 03 tiburon and was just as pleased.it sounds real good but you get the drone on deacceleration like most people have.it sounds like these cars have an engine brake if anyone has driven a big truck youll know what i mean.i lined my spare tire area with old towels and its alot better.im happy with mine.alot of options are out here now though.i only had the spt or borla in the past spring.good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts