Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got bored tonight with temporary black paint (it washes off with water)

never considered this look before, but there it is...

my original plan was to paint these rims gold, because I don't like how black rims look against the tires when they're dirty (it looks like you have grey tires)...

then I also saw a black WRX with white rims (an 07 rally car, but still)

hmmmmm decisions...

black (flat black anyway) looks weird in light:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no thanks to the red time-attack lip

its really over-used around here on really slow cars

·
Registered
764 Posts
Black/Red Lip ;)
If you're on a budget on wheels here are couple you can get under 1.2k or less includes tires...

1,2,3 rims are by Tenzo R and the 4th Konig Zero, what I currently have. If you're in the so cal area let me know i got hookupz.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to buy rims eventually and my stock rims will become my winter wheels

but in the meantime I want to make them look a little cooler

anyway... anyone ever heard of Evoke aluminum rims? they're cheap on ebay, not TOO heavy, and made in china...

http://www.evokewheels.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=6&Itemid=26

I think the universal 10 hole rims have 5x100 and 5x114.3 (the site says 4x100 and 5x114.3 on one wheel, but that would mean 9 holes, which doesn't seem right)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I reckon go with the Gold or better still the Bronze colour Subaru have used in previous years.
Would stand out nice against the black and wouldn't need the cleaning like white.....
If you like black just get one with a chrome lip to break it up..... there is plenty to choose from...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I may get a set of those rims, they're just so cheap!

where did you find those?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'd say no to flat black but any other color would look sweet against a black car. Can't miss with gold. White would really make your car standout which you may or may not like.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am in the same position. Trying to decide between a gold wheel or a gloss black wheel with silver metal or machined rim. Gold seems to be on every black car I see these days though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts