Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have decided on upgrading my 08 WRX to be in essence a STI for 1600$ i am going to get the aluminum intake manifold the large STI top mount intercooler and the vf48 turbo i am pretty excited about it i just have to wait to see how hard it is going to be to install and to get a tune over the internet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow Where'd you get that deal from?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the local dealership that i am involved with. I am about 2 days away from buying it i just have to convince my GF about faster is better.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Haha I know where you are on that woman love nice fast cars but hate when their man puts the time & money in to make it that way... ;D

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would port match the intake manifold.

·
Registered
253 Posts
you're not going to get even close to the full amount of power with an OTS tune.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A professional subaru tuner is coming through my town in the middle of july so if i decide to do it i can have him tune it when he gets here or else take it to a guy i know in washington.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
so your dealer is supportive of you puting all this on your car and not complaining about the warranty ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i know everyone at my dealership and they all know i can work on a subaru more than most of the people in the shop so they know i don't care about the warranty because i will do better work prob so parts guys help me get parts for invoice.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
im not talking about workmanship but more the fact that you put all those part on

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh trust me i am going to get a custom tune otherwise just a turbo swap will do absolutely nothing i think. And the dealership knows that it will void my warranty but it doesn't bother them cause i do all my own work anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts