·
Registered
954 Posts
why do you need new tpms sensors?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a $75 pressure gauge but still need these stupid sensors :) I guess the other option is a 1x1" square of electric tape for the dash :D

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I've got a pressure gauge but still need these stupid sensors :) I guess the other option is a 1x1" square of electric tape for the dash :D
I got some tpms sensors from tirerack that were supposed to come installed on my wheels. However, judging by the piss-poor job they did balancing the wheels (as in not at all), I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't install them. I just have yet to take them to be programmed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ that's not good, they tout using a Road Force balancer which is a very nice machine (if they would actually use that is)

·
Registered
298 Posts
i've had tires mounted while i was at the tirerack facility in south bend a couple of times and those are the machines they use. they've always done a really nice job for me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought my summer wheels and tires from www.discounttiredirect.com. I also bought TPMS sensors from them for $30 each. This company installed the sensors, provided free mounting & balancing and free shipping. Of course one does have to get the new sensors reprogrammed and a Subaru Dealership will charge $28.50

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ that is a good price- I ended paying $50 a pop from the dealer

·
Registered
954 Posts
i just dont understand why you guys dont move your sensors from wheels to wheels. its cheaper than buyin new ones and doesnt require any reprograming. it will save soooo much money in the long run

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my dealership does the re-programming for free so no cost there

I like the ability to throw on the tires/wheels w/o having to go to a tire shop :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
i just dont understand why you guys dont move your sensors from wheels to wheels. its cheaper than buyin new ones and doesnt require any reprograming. it will save soooo much money in the long run
When you live near snow. Often you have 2 sets of wheels one for winter one for summer. I am running snows from november to april. I wouldn't bother running sensors in a autocross wheel for example.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Are sensors universal for subaru? I picked up a set of 2008 legacy GT wheels with the sensors on the wheels (metal valve stems) and the TPMS sensor just started flashing. If so I'm going to head down to subaru to get it reprogrammed.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the 09 uses the rubber stem ones- be curious to see if they can reprogram the metal ones- that might open more options???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts